I chased them all around the woods before stopping in my tracks when the scent I've grown so used to filled my senses making Gunnar, my wolf yelp in excitement in my head. I ran in the direction of the scent which led me to Luna and Benson's home. I could hear my siblings yelling my name but the scent. The scent was so strong and intoxicating that it made my race. I guess I didn't think my actions right because the second I crossed onto MoonLit Oasis pack lands, I was surrounded by warriors. I whimpered as they crowded around me. I hated being in a small space and it was causing me panic.

The doors to the kitchen opened and out walked one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen in my life. He was tall with broad shoulders. His arms were covered in tattoos. He stopped in his tracks as his eyes landed on me. I whimpered low in my throat as his scent filled my nose.

Mate! Mate! Gunnar yelled in my head with a wag of his tail and my eyes widen into saucers at his words as our locked with each others. I could feel my bones shifting back into place as I shifted to my human form.

"You're my mate?" I asked with wide eyes

"Of fuck me" he groaned throwing his head back and I blinked.

The girl beside him patted him in the shoulder with a laugh making me furrow my brows in confusion but didn't move from my place. The warriors on the other hand moved away from me giving me space and I was thankful.

"Get him some c-" the man was saying only to cut off when two familiar faces came into view both looking at me confused eyes

"Preston? What are you doing here?" Luna asked, confusion evident in her voice

"And why the hell are you naked?" Benson added and I felt my face he's tup with a blush making my friends raise their brows

"Here" a voice from behind said making me jump and I turned around to find a handsome guy with dirty blonde shaggy hair and bright green eyes standing behind me holding a pair of short and a shirt. I smiled and took the clothes from him before putting them on

"Thank you" I murmured and he nodded before walking away leaving of us behind.

"So are you going to tell us what you're doing here so early? We agreed to hang out this afternoon" Benson said and I nodded

"I know, I was playing chase with my sibling and their kids when the scent of pine and wood drifting up my nose" I said and watched the male slap himself in the face making the twins give him a look that said 'wha the hell is wrong with you?' before facing me again

"Didn't you say you've smelt that before? Whenever you came over?" Luna asked and I nodded my eyes not once leaving the tattooed covered male

"Why are you eye fucking our brother?" Benson asked making me look at them with wide eyes as a blush covered my face.

"Fucking hell, I can't deal with shit right now. Take him inside or whatever. I'm going to go check on August." The guy said making me furrow my brows and watch as he walked away

"Well?" Luna asked making me face them, "Are you going to tell us why you're looking at our brother as if he hung the moon and the stars?"

I bit my lip contemplating on whether or not I should tell them that their brother was my mate. I mean it's not like it's unnatural to find your mate nowadays or something.

"Who's August?" I found myself asking instead and they blinked before shrugging

"Who fucking knows. Anyway want to come inside and hang?" Luna asked completely forgetting her question and I shook my head before telling them that I should get going. Just as I was about to turn around, my eyes caught onto Ryker as he was walking towards the house and holding onto a boy around our age. He was laughing at something he was saying making me heart constrict in my chest.

"I'll see you later" I said before shifting and running towards the house. The whole time my heart felt like it was being ripped into pieces. Why did Ryker react the way he did? Why did he walk away instead of taking me into his arms and telling the pack I was his mate? Who was the kid he was holding onto? Was he his boyfriend? And if he was, who was I to get in between them?

His mate you idiot! Gunnar snarled in my head

What mate reacts that way though Gunnar? He didn't even care that we were his mate. He walked away instead of announcing it I said and he didn't reply because he knew I was right.

Was this how rejection feels like?

an here's a new update guys let me k ow what you guys think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan

ps I apologize for the sucky chapter

xoxo

~Cx