Unexpected!

Sitting on a huge rock by the shore, I stared as the sun departed leaving behind the darkness mixed with a soothing vibe and a beautiful picture. It felt as if that upside-down mirrored image of the sky floating in the water was calling for me. Picking my flats, unknowingly, my feet started moving towards the water. I stopped when I felt the cold water tingling my toes.

It was relaxing in its own way. Finding the perfect spot where the water touched my feet after every few seconds I sat down on the sand holding my legs close to my chest. With my eyes closed as my breathing calmed, my thoughts settled, I lost the track of time. My peace broke as the phone vibrated in my pocket. It was an alarm reminding me that it was ten in the night already and I should go back to the house.

Dismissing the alarm, I shook my head with a small curve on my lips as I saw a picture of us three best friends on my screen, the craziest people you could ever find. Even that picture screamed madness. One of them was making a "V" sign covering her face, just eyes visible, one was pouting to the extent that she looked like a duck and I was the one clicking the selfie and my expressions were clear enough to show I was so done with both of them. However, I love them with my whole heart.

My chain of thoughts broke again as my phone rang. Picking up the call, I took my sandals with another hand, and started walking back home, which was just a five-minute walk from the beach. All I heard on the call was them shouting over something. Shaking my head for the nth time today, I cut the call and sped towards home.

We live in India but actually came to Thailand to have a relaxing vacation from work. By "we", I meant my two best friends and me. As I got closer to the house, a frown settled on my face as I saw media and some overhyped girls around the corner of the street of the beach house I was living in. Ignoring them I made my way to my house, unlocking it I sensed something weird. It was quiet and this made me worried sick because those two girls who were shouting in my ear 2 minutes back were all quiet which is rare.

I shouted out their name "Jainu? Sach?" and started walking towards the living room. "Oh, here you guys are. I was calling you out." Both of my best friends have the same name, Isha, one is Isha Jain and the other is Isha Sachdeva. But this never created a mess or problem between us. I was more close to Jain but Sachdeva held her own importance in our group.

None of them responded but I was sure that I saw them gulp.

"What did you guys do?" I said sitting in front of them. Suddenly both of them came and sat by my side and started blabbering from which I only got "It was unexpected", "We promise it was not intentional". I was starting to get frustrated when I saw him coming out of the washroom.

I do not know what happened but it just came as a reflex and pushing them I stood up glaring at him. Anger and sadness both of the emotions making their way together in my mind. It was a mess. I turned my back towards him, not being able to look at him anymore without bursting out into angry tears. I tried controlling myself, grinding my teeth together, and then looked at my friends.

"What is he doing here?"

They spoke as if they had prepared for this already. One sentence each. "We don't know to be honest."

"We just heard a lot of noise from outside so we went outside to see what was happening"

"It is when we saw him; he was mobbed by media and fans"

"We were about to go inside when he saw us"

"And the next thing, he was in here saving himself from the mob outside."

After finishing, they both looked down.

I was angry. I was angry at them for letting him in, I was angry at him for leaving me without even explaining anything. I turned around, gathering courage to face him. He broke our promise and my trust but even then, he had the guts to stand in front of me. "You mean nothing to me," I said, repeating the last line he said to me before he disappeared from my life. He looked up in my eyes. His eyes were glossy, telling me that he was hurting too.