"they met they left"

"they met, they left"

The day they met?

April 7th, 2007

Connor was almost late for his lecture and had only fifteen minutes to run over there. He knew he shouldn't have stayed over at Luke's yesterday night.

Grabbing his bag, he put on his glasses, found his keys, and bolted out of Luke's apartment. He ran down the stairs and out the door, running past the newspaper stand, he could've sworn he was running pretty darn fast, if a couple of the papers fell down.

Running past the local bookstore, Connor almost bumped into an old man, muttering a sorry, he backed away from the elder and continued running.

Taking a look at his watch, Connor had seven minutes until lecture started.

Quickening up his pace, he bumped into someone, and she spilled her coffee all over her perfectly white shirt.

"Shoot, I'm sorry." Connor said as he backed away from her to give her some space.

His eyes met hers, and if you could see it, you could just tell time slowed down. It was just like in those sappy romance movies. Her beautiful wavy dark brown hair moved perfectly as she moved it away from her face and revealing her sparkling blue eyes.

"Oh, it's okay." she said, in a suprisingly calm manner.

"No, I-I'll buy you another cup." Connor offered, as he looked at his watch quickly.

Four minutes.

As they walked into the cafe, whom which shebhad always considered a 'fake Starbucks'. Connor looked at the nice brick walls, warm fireplace, couches, and overall home-like feeling.

Home.

Something Connor never really had one of. Most kids have two parents, maybe one. They might've even had siblings, but Connor? Connor lived at a shelter, for as long as he could remember, his mom was a drug addict and couldn't maintain a job without getting fired. She died from lung cancer, when Connor was only sixteen and life was slowly falling apart for him, but he didn't know that until he found himself piecing the puzzle together.

After his mother's death, Connor tried his best in school and got a scholarship to state. It wasn't exactly a Yale or Harvard, but Connor hadn't chosen my major yet, so it didn't really matter to him.

"Um, what do you usually get?" Connor asked, scratching the back of my head, breaking the silence around us as we stood in front of the counter, looking at long list of drinks.

"Uh, a number thirty-three." she said quietly as she moved her hair to one side and began playing with the ends of her hair dark brown hair shyly. She was really nervous, she was always quiet around people she didn't really know well, heck she was even shy around her classmates.

"Can I get a number thirty-three and one...twenty-six?" Connor asked the barista with blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Sure, that'll be six dollars and fifty centers." she said as she totaled up the numbers.

Handing her the money, she handed Connor the change back and he tucked it into his back pocket.

Since the small cafe was empty, the drinks were done quick. Connor thanked the barista and grabbed the two drinks. Turning around, Connor handed her her drink and she smiled and thanked him.

"No problem." he said and smiled, as he took a sip of his cup of regular coffee.

After a comfortable silence surrounded them, Connor quickly took in that he needed to get to lecture. Looking at his wrist, his eyes widened due to the fact that lecture had already started.

"Are you okay?" she asked, acknowledging his shocked expression.

"Uh, yeah, just missed my lecture." Connor sighed as he shifted his glasses up his nose.

"Oh, shoot, I'm so sorry." she said.

"It's not your fault, I'm the klutz who spilled coffee on your shirt," Connor shrugged.

"It's okay, I'm a klutz too," She shrugged, with a small smile upon her face.

"Well I've got to be going now, have to head to my apartment and get ready for my job interview." she said, "Thanks for the coffee."

As Connor watched her walk out of the door, he knew he had to do something.

"Hey, wait up!" Connor said, running over to her.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name?" Connor asked.

"Joselyn." The girl replied.

"I'm Connor." He smiled

Joselyn smiled back, and as she said bye to Connor, he hoped that one day fate would bring them together again.