Groceries. [[ Jalex oneshot ]]

[[ this is just some fluffy Jalex trash ahaha ]]

Alex groaned as another figure lightly shook his body, clenching his eyes more. There was a hand on the spot right above his hip, gently moving his body every few seconds. “Alex!” His boyfriend whispered, moving his body again. “Mhm?” He mumbled, faintly smacking at the hand as it rocked him again. “Alex? Wake up, it’s important!” Jack spoke, but retracted his hand. The older one groaned again, before slowly sitting up and rubbing at his eyes. “What?” The question sounded odd. His voice was all nasally sounding, like it came from the back of his throat, and that’s when he realized his throat actually hurt. It was the burning kind of pain, like pouring salt on a cut.

“We need to go shopping today. You, uh, got paid last night,” Jack reminded him, watching the other contently. Their source of income at the moment was Alex’s unemployment checks, which were sustainable for just two people. Sure, they probably could’ve both signed up for it, but when Alex’s was cut off, they had Jack to fall back on. Unless one of them, or both, had a job or something. Alex nodded, despite how he felt. “Yeah, okay- I’ll get ready,” He told the other boy, who frowned some. “We don’t have to go.. If you don’t want to. I can tell you feel like shit,” Jack stated, and Alex somewhat laughed. “We need to get groceries, Jack. I’ll be okay. Or you could go alone, but I don’t know if you’re okay with that-” “I’m not going alone. I’ll forget everything we need and fuck it up and you’ll be mad at me and then we have to go back and just, no.”

Therefore, another half hour later, Alex was dressed in a hoodie and sweat pants, patiently waiting in the passenger seat of their car while Jack locked the house up. His legs were crossed, as they usually were when he sat, and his head rested against the frame of the door. Once Jack was in and seated and whatnot, they began to drive towards the grocery store. It was the same one every time, which just made the process easier. Of course, they were not the only ones going, and it turned out a lot of people were there. It took Jack around ten minutes of driving around for a parking place. Well, one he found suitable. Normally he would just complain, but Alex was icky feeling, and therefore needed a spot close to the doors.

They both got out of the vehicle, and Jack walked over to Alex’s side. “Lex, sit down for a moment. I’ll be right back.” He took off before Alex could reply, so he just huffed and opened the car door, sitting down in the seat. The hood of his hoodie covered his head by the time Jack returned with a cart, telling Alex to get up, to which he did. Then, after closing the car doors and locking it, he turned to his boyfriend. “Lexi, you’re gonna sit in the cart.” Alex grinned some, shaking his head. “No, come on, I’m not seven,” He replied, but Jack picked him up bridal style anyways. He groaned, but didn’t disagree as his feet were placed in first, followed by his bottom touching the cart.

After having Jack pull him into different spots and positions, Alex was seated with his legs pulled to his chest. His back was against the part that folded in and out for children to sit in, and his arms were wrapped around his knees. “I look ridiculous,” He mumbled as Jack began pushing the cart towards the building. “Be quiet, you look like a very cute and sick nineteen year old boy.” “Nineteen year old boys aren’t supposed to be sitting in a shopping cart while their boyfriend, who’s younger than them, pushes them around while they shop.”  Jack scoffed and pushed his head with one of his hands lightly. “Stooop. My head hurts,” Alex whined, frowning as he looked up at his boyfriend. “Then shut up. I was just tryna’ do something nice for you, so deal with it.” By this time, they had entered the store, and Alex didn’t feel like arguing with Jack right now. So he did, infact, deal with it. That is, until Jack needed help.

“I don’t know what to get.” Alex looked up at Jack after glancing around. “What do you mean? Food and stuff.” The taller boy scoffed, shaking his head. “I know that! I mean, like, what do you want for dinner tonight?” After a minute or so of the oldest of them whining about how he just wanted pizza and Jack declaring he needed a nice meal, he settled on ‘spaghetti, or whatever’. With this in mind, the Lebanese boy continued pushing the other around, grabbing things he knew they needed on the way.

Almost half an hour of pure torture later, Alex’s foot pushed at a pile of items threatening to fall on him. This caused them to fall, but oh well. His boyfriend scolded him as they turned into another aisle, and he was surprised at the items being placed in his lap. There were a bunch of bags, each containing a different sweet. “Jack, we can’t get all of these.” He shrugged, continuing to push the cart around. “I dunno, we probably can. Since we have money and all.” Alex rolled his eyes and groaned. “You’re an ass. We can’t spend more money than we have to on junk!” The boy responded with another shrug. “Oh well,” He mumbled, placing a pint of ice cream in Alex’s lap next.

They went to the checkout next, and after strange looks from the cashier-lady, Jack paid for it with Alex’s card. His feet pushed at some plastic bags, and Jack began to hum as they walked the trail outside (Well, Alex had a ride there). Alex sung the lyrics to the song lightly, which made the other smile some. As they approached the vehicle, Jack unlocked the trunk and instantly began placing bags in. The boy in the cart attempted to stand up and get out, but Jack slapped his leg and told him to sit. He obeyed, watching his boyfriend put everything away, until he eventually pick Alex up. Like a child, he wrapped his legs around Jack’s waist, his arms around his neck.

Jack waddled some, and then sat Alex down on top of the trunk. He smiled some, quickly kissing his lips. “We can go to the nice little coffee shop, if you want,” He offered, making Alex nod. “The one on Thames?” He asked, just to make sure. “Yeah, that one,” He nodded, and soon after Alex did, too. So, after letting the other get buckled in and all, he returned to cart to one of those things and got in the car. Fifteen minutes later and they were at the coffee shop they attended on their first date.

Alex told Jack what he wanted and then found a nice little table, sending the other male off to order and pay. When he returned, he had two drinks, and two small paper bags. He sat beside his love, handing him a hot tea and the bag containing three cookies. He himself had hot chocolate and a scone. After sipping his drink, the smaller boy cuddled into Jack’s side, kissing his neck lightly and murmuring a thank you. The black haired boy nodded, wrapping an arm around the boy next to him. They got a bunch of looks which mostly just made Jack pissed off, but Alex didn’t pay them any mind. Honestly, that’s probably the only reason Jack didn’t scream at them.

They finished pretty quickly, but stayed longer than necessary until Alex fell asleep and Jack remembered they had frozen groceries. He carefully got up and threw the trash away before carrying Alex back out, and after much struggling, finally buckled him into the seat. It took ages to wake the boy up when they were home, and he kind of didn’t want to, but he really did need help at this point. Alex didn’t mind, and even allowed Jack to pick the movie for them to cuddle to. It was a really bad one, honestly, but nothing ice cream and sweets couldn’t fix.