1

"hey yvette eonnie.",i heard a soft voice say as i closed my locker.

'oh,it's her.the one charlotte couldn't shut up about.'

"hey charlie.",i replied,smiling softly while looking at the floor,trying to avoid looking at her eyes.

her sad eyes that looked as if it was staring deep into my soul.

that,and because i can't help but still get jealous of how lucky this girl was that she had my bestfriend's heart while she was still alive.

'bestfriend.yes,i am just her bestfriend.',i thought,trying hard to stop myself from suddenly chuckling bitterly at that thought.

i was brought back to my senses by her voice cutting through the silence between us.

"i'm sorry,eonnie."

"for what?",i asked,but of course i knew what she was saying sorry for.

"for her death."

after she uttered those words,my eyes suddenly glazed over with tears.it suddenly feltnhard to breathe.

and with a shaky voice,i replied."you don't need to say sorry,okay?it wasn't your fault.",forcing myself to smile.

"but eonnie-",she said.

"look.i have to go somewhere.see you around.",i cut her off shooting her a fake smile,briskly walking away and finally breaking into a run with tears streaming down my face.

'i have to get out of here.'

but the girl spoke too soon.

yvette ha tripped and fell down the floor,tears raining down her face as the memories came back.