twenty two

Jane

Dax drove us back to his family home. He helped me out of the passenger seat and led the way through the front door. With neither of us having a plan, we slipped into the kitchen to make something to eat. Dax recovered a frozen pizza from the depths of his parent's freezer to which we both agreed wouldn't be so bad. Dax slip the cheese pizza into the oven and close the door quickly. Leaning against the counter, I watched him move in front of me and dip his head down, catching my lips with his own. I melted into the kiss immediately, wrapping my arms around his neck in attempt to climb to his eye level. To assist me, Dax wrapped his large hands around the underside of my thighs and lifted me onto the counter. He stepped between my legs and leaned his forehead against the exposed skin of my chest, his warm breath traveling down the cleavage of my dress. An army of goosebumps rose across my skin and I shivered involuntarily. 

We were silent, but it didn't matter. I looked down at Dax with emotions that I didn't recognize in my eyes, my head spinning. I needed him to make the first move, but I knew he wanted to do things at my pace, which ruined any chance of him taking charge. So when he finally lifted his head to meet my gaze, I was surprised when he took my hand and helped me slide off of the island. 

"Come with me." He mumbled softly into my hair as he pressed a sweet kiss to my temple. I nodded, confused at his behavior. Dax never struck me as the type to be gentle; hell, I witnessed him having sex and he was anything but. Yet he was suddenly taking things slow and it made me feel inadequate. I followed him to a room I had never seen and when he opened the door, a small smile played on my lips. 

I was in Dax's childhood bedroom.

My eyes scanned the walls, finding old rock band posters pinned to the walls, pictures of young Dax with his friends and family in frames hung and displayed like art. I grinned at a specific picture of Dax as a teenager, just coming into manhood with scrawny arms and legs. 

"What happened to this kid," I teased, glancing back at him with a coy smile. 

"Hey, not all of us come gorgeous straight from the womb like you, Princesa." He said from behind me. 

"Oh stop, you were such a cutie." 

"And now?" He questioned, the playful edge to his voice becoming evident.

"You're alright..." I turned to face him, a cheeky smile on my lips. Dax strode forward, shaking his head and laughing lightly. 

"Well I'm honored that you think so highly of me, nena." He mumbled, his hand cupping my jawline while his thumb brushed across my cheekbone.

"Nena?" I questioned, biting the inside of my cheek, "What does nena mean?"

"Babygirl." He answered simply. It was one word, three syllables. Yet suddenly, my core was burning with need, radiating outward as my skin began to warm. I stretched onto my tiptoes and attempted to kiss him passionately, but because of my small stature compared to his giant status, I merely pecked his lips. Dax chuckled and craned his neck, eliminating the distance for me to kiss him the way I needed to. In my second try, Dax kissed me back fervently, backing me against the wall. My fingers disappeared in his soft dark brown locks, pulling and tugging gently at the roots. Dax's tongue flirted with my bottom lip and I obliged, parting my lips to deepen the kiss. I moaned into his mouth, feeling lightheaded and hungry for more. 

-Mature content below, read at your own discretion-

"We can stop whenever you want," Dax whispered softly and I smiled, taking his hand in mine. 

"Dax," I used his fingers to gently slip the thin straps of my dress down my arm. "I don't want to stop." With a nod, Dax leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips while his hands pulled the entirety of my dress off. His eyes bore into mine as he placed my hands on his chest. I slowly unbuttoned his shirt until it hung loosely on his shoulders. He shrugged it off and kissed down my neck, his tongue gliding over my collarbones painstakingly slow. Finding the clothing ratio between us to be far less on my part, I slowly pulled his belt through the loops of his Chinos and let it fall to the floor. My fingertips flicked the button of his pants through the hole and he helped me pull them off of his legs. The moment seemed so intense, we were breathing so hard and yet we had done nothing but take each other's clothes off.