16

When I got to the mall Savannah was there waiting patiently, eating ice cream and swinging her long legs.

"Took you long enough." She gave a smile, which made me feel oddly uncomfortable.

"Ok, so as you claimed. Charlotte is not really prego and it's her father that is using her to stay rich off of Mason's parents." I sat beside her, still not believing it.

I didn't know how to feel, in some ways I didn't care because I will be leaving right after high school. On the other hand, Mason didn't deserve this, neither did his parents, they were good people. Good to me when I needed it the most, Mason might have been a man whore and can't keep his junk in his pants but I can't let him get caught up in this.

I sighed, "this might be the biggest scandal since my dad went to prison. I still don't believe that you and Charlotte aren't friends anymore." I said it just to see Savannah's reaction, it was either she was good at acting or she really was over Charlotte and her mess, all I knew her face gave anything away.

"The truth is, I applied for Yale to study law. Charlotte was not too happy about it, let's just say that she rather to stay here but if you ask me, it's because she's scared. Scared that if she leaves this shitty place no one would know her and if you haven't noticed she's not so bright. So this is her Topia, a place for her to rule."

"Yale?''

"Yes, Isabella. I'm not as stupid as I pretend to be.''

I raised a brow at her, ''then explain the face, cause girl.''

Savannah laughed, ''this is my face, since you didn't know, Charlotte made her face to look like mine. Ever since eighth grade, she would gush over how pretty I am, when we became friends it weirder. With her trying to dress like me and well, we look alike.''

"That must be unsettling and why would you even be friends with someone like that? It's obvious she has issues if she was so ready and willing to look like somebody else and why did you let her pretend as you copied her.''

Savannah sighed, ''it's not that easy. But since I want you to trust me, she had a secret for me and used it every single day, manipulating me with every chance she got. When I finally decided that I have had enough she posted it all over the school's website.''

"Wait, so you are actually your older sister's daughter?''

Savannah hung her head, '' yes, she had me when she was twelve and well, my grandparents tried to cover it up.''

I was at loss for words.

"How long do you think Charlotte will keep this up? If what you said about her family is true then our 'queen bee' won't be for too long." I changed the subject.

"Thanks. Her dad's plan is to rebuild his 'empire,' one blackmail at a time. Check this, Charlotte has this wild idea of being on 16 and pregnant or teen mom."

"Well, that's how we'll expose her." I let out but I wasn't so sure if my plan would work or how to put it into action. "First we have to tell Mason's parents.''

"Ok, Nancy Drew and what are you going to say. 'Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Reid. Your son, my ex-best friend is being framed for impregnated the school's whore. All because her dad is losing his status, he was the one who told her to do it so that he could get rich off of you.' Yeah sure and do you think that they would believe that?''

I knew that my plan wouldn't work but I had to find a way to get Mason out of this mess.

"I don't know, we are moving to New York City soon and I really don't want to leave me and Mason's relationship like this." I threw my hands in the air.

"Wait you are leaving for N.Y. Well, aren't you the lucky one?" There was something in Savannah's voice.

"Don't, go-getting jealous now, besides you will get into Yale and get to leave this place.''

We talked idly after and surprisingly, we both had many similar interests. I didn't see why Savannah was hiding who she was just because of Charlotte. Maybe I would have been in her position when what all went down with my dad happened, Mason is going through it now and there is no telling what secrets she has for Auberh and Peyton.

We eventually went our separate ways, with me driving around aimlessly. I hadn't noticed that I was just outside of Mason's door until now, it was like I drove here on autopilot.

"Well since I'm here." I took a deep breath and was about to knock on the door, before I could the door swing open and there Mason was.

The only changes I noticed in him were that his hair grown longer.

My breathing caught in my throat, as I drunk in his appearance.

"Mason!" I finally got out.

He gave me a blank look, "what do you want?" He finally said, his voice harsh and it was like a slap to the face.

"I came to see if you were ok.''

The two of us just stood there staring at each other and when I got no reply I turned to leave, I lingered a bit, waiting for him to stop me or say something but he didn't.

I gripped the steering wheel before driving away while blinking back tears.

Maybe I should just leave him alone, it was obvious he wanted nothing to do with me anymore, maybe it was for the best and would make it much easier to move away when the time comes.

When I got home my parents were happily singing and dancing to a few songs, I smiled, it has been such a long time since her family was like this.

I eventually joined them but only for a short while, it made me happy to see them happy, which is just what I needed, even for a short period of time.

Despite all that has happened I still loved my father, I just hope that he will change and we could get back to how we were, I missed him and need him more than I thought.

I made my exit and ran up to my room. Seeing that I had nothing to do I decided to listen to music until I fell asleep but I didn't even get a chance to close my eyes.

Savannah has sent me multiple messages, her being a quick texter made it almost impossible to keep up.

She was stating that Peyton was no longer friends with Charlotte and have came up with a plan on how to expose Charlotte, I made it known to Savannah that I did not trust Peyton one bit.

Peyton was so obsessed with Charlotte, it was almost like she was in love with her, she was a mindless follower who did anything Charlotte said. Acting like a small child who was dependent on their mother's love and attention. There was no better way to describe Peyton and Charlotte's relationship.

I'm sure if Peyton could eat the shit out of Charlotte's ass she would, I mean obviously, Charlotte had convinced her to look them.

Crazy bitches.

Another thing was, I still don't trust this, any of it. It could all be a joke and a way to get in my head. Even though I had this feeling, there was that voice at the back of my mind telling me to trust it, trust what was happening and what will happen.