Ace x Fire Fox reader

Start from the beginning

"No one will or ever has died because of you (Y/N)." His tone was as serious but it did nothing to take the heavy pit in your heart away.

"Even if what Marco said doesn't feel like the truth to you, you should at least now that if anyone did or will that they did it of their own choice. You are not and will not ever be the blame of a death in this crew." Jozu spoke next after you didn't reply, that might have made a difference and taken some of the weight off your chest if it wasn't for his last words. You had told no one what he said in fear that they would see he was right, instead the words haunted your dreams.

"I'll be there by tomorrow, I won't stay long though." And with that you hung up your den den mushi and focused on the currents.

??? POV

Ace has stopped the pictures after you whispered your feelings to them. He realized it wasn't a joke anymore and the others got serious as well.

After you hang up the group looked sadly at the den den mushi. Ace watched curious as to what had just happened while Thatch was the first to snap out of it.

"Screw that! I'm going to make all her favorite foods everyday so that she will have no choice but to stay, I bet she missed my cooking more than anything!" He walks to the fridge to prepare with determination practically spelled across his face. The others began thinking of ways to get you to stay with the same determination while arguing that whatever they had to offer was missed more than the others. Marco also seemed to gain his usual poker face back and headed to the door with his den den mushi.

"I'm going to tell pops and the others, there's going to be a big party tomorrow, yoi ." He said before leaving. Ace sat at the bar next to Thatch as he cooked.

"So who is (Y/N) exactly? I've never heard of her before." Thatch froze for a second and Izo moved over to Ace.

"(Y/N) used to be the second division commander."

"Eh?! I thought they died!" Ace exclaimed.

"Haha! Trust me when I say that all hell would break loose on the world if she died! The whole Whitebeard Pirates would cause a ruckus!" Thatch laughed.

"She is the only girl pops allowed on the crew as a fighter. We all now she can take care of herself but if you ask anyone aboard they'll tell you the same thing I am. I will gladly lose an arm for her!" Rakuyo adds in.

"Hmf, not me. I would loose both mine and smile!" Kingdew tops.

"Oh really, well-" their argument was stopped when Vista knocked both their heads together.

"Knock it off. You two should know better than to talk like that, you'll scare her off again!" The others nodded in agreement as the two apologized. Vista then turned to Ace. "It's not a lie to say we are all willing to loose something if it meant helping (Y/N), but don't talk like that in front of her."

"Why, what exactly happened to make her so distant?" Ace was pretty curious now.

"Her biological brother died taking a bullet for her. They were practically joined at the hip and led the second division together. That's most likely why you thought your predecessor died, in a way he did. It is also why (Y/N) gave up her position. She blames herself for his death." Vista explains.