5

The next day at school I set alone at table in the lunchroom. I groaned as I saw Jonathan sitting beside Kat Tompkins. I hit my head on the table and groaned in pain.

"What's up Melanie?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"I'm not in the mood to correct you Shawn." I said sadly.

"What's up with you and Mr. Turner?" He asked sitting beside me.

"He likes Miss Kat Tompkins. Can't complete with her." I said sadly.

He looked at me sadly and then set beside me for the remainder of lunch. After lunch it was time for my next class. I sighed as I started class and then after I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled looking through my papers.

"Hello are you Miss Matthews?" A voice asked.

"Yes." I said looking up.

I internally groaned as Kat Tompkins walked up to my desk with a smile. I set up straight and looked up at her.

"Hi I'm Kat Tompkins, I was wanting to ask you a question." She said softly.

"Alright what can I do for you?" I asked softly.

"I was curious if it was alright if I went to the Turnaround dance with Jonathan?" She asked softly.

"Why ask me? We aren't together." I said confused.

"He said that you and him had a history and I wanted to make sure you and I had no problems if I wanted to date him." She said with a smile.

"No problem at all. Have fun." I said as I went back to grade my papers.

After I was done I heard my door open and I looked up to see Jonathan walk up to me.

"What can I do for you Mr. Turner?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Did you tell Kat that she could ask me to the Turnaround Dance?" He asked calmly.

"No I said I don't see why she should ask me. We are just coworkers nothing more nothing less." I said standing up and putting my papers away.

He grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"Let me go." I said annoyed.

"Your just gonna act like we didn't go on a date?" He asked glaring down at me.

"No I'm gonna act like your not a player who played with my feelings." I said pushing past him.

I made my way home and plopped down on my bed. I let out a sigh as I grabbed my phone.

"Hey Eli it's Melanie Matthews. I need your help." I said softly.

The next day I taught my class and then dismissed them to their next period. I heard a knock on my door and smiled as I looked up to see my best friend Eli Williams.

"Eli it's been to long." I said standing up and hugging him.

"As I live and breath. Melanie Matthews calling me for help to get back at a player." He said happily.

"Your the only one I know who could help me." I said sitting down with him.

"Well let's make him jealous. Got a dress?" He asked softly.

"No." I said softly.

"Alright. Got anymore classes?"

"No this was my last class." I said softly.

"Let's go." He said grabbing my hand.

He dragged me out of the school and we went shopping. The next day it was the Turnaround dance and I showed up in a short longer sleeved blue dress that came to my knees. I smiled as we walked in and I saw my brothers alone. I saw Jonathan look over at me and stared at both me and Eli in shock. Jonathan took Kat's hand and dragged her over to us.

"Jonathan Turner?" Eli asked shocked.

"Eli Williams? What are you doing here?" Jonathan asked with a smile.

"Melanie wanted me to be her date to this dance." Eli said with a smirk.

"Really.... that's cool." Jonathan said softly.

"You two know each other?" I asked shocked.

"Yea He is the guy I told you about." Eli explained.

"He is that Jonathan?" I asked shocked.

"Yep, it was good to see you Jonathan but I'm going to dance with this beautiful woman." Eli said with a smile.

I glared at Eli as he took us to the dance floor and danced with me.

"You could of told me you knew him!" I hissed.

"What fun would that be? Melanie don't worry. Just trust me." He said with a wink.

After awhile we stopped dancing and he left to get a drink. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Jonathan.

"Mr. Turner, what can I do for you?" I asked calmly.

"Really Eli Williams? You choose him to go with." He said annoyed.

"He isn't a dick like you." I said annoyed.

"Seriously. We never said we where a couple. We only went on one date!" He snapped as he glared at me.

"Yea well I thought when you asked me on that second date it was to actually see where this would go, but I learned that it wasn't going anywhere." I said pushing past him.

I tried to walk away from him but my heel broke and I fell to the ground spraining my ankle. Jonathan rushed over to me and picked me up and carried me outside. He put my on his bike and checked my leg over.

"Your leg is sprained. I should take you home. I'll tell Eli and Kat." He said walking away.

I groaned as I waited for him to get back. He got back and hopped on the bike. I let out a sigh as he took me to his place and carried me inside and laid me on his couch.

"Thanks." I said as he got some ice and put it on my ankle.

"It was nothing." He said softly.

I watched as he kept the ice on my ankle, I looked up and saw him staring at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

Instead of saying anything he leaned in and kissed me. I sighed as I pulled him closer and kissed him back.