twenty-nine

that's mr. penis to you

I realized that in the last chapter I fORGOT CALUM OH MY HOD IM A TERRIBLE WRITER HAHAHAHAHAHAH OKAY SRY CAKE SHIPPERS

so I got to chapter 3 of tfios r u proud of me I'm surprised bc I can't read idk how to english half the time otay happy double update time bc I was excited for this to happen bc liz is queen she's more queen than emma that's saying a lot

shoutout to aves bc without her this chapter would've been shit tbh I had no idea whether to do the thing or not so brace yourselves

justin bieber is my boyfriend if you hate on him I hate on you gbye

»

Liz Hemmings was the cutest woman.

When Luke pushed the door open and tried to be quiet as they carried their bags in, she jumped off of the couch where she, Jack, and Ben were seated, hollering, "MY BABY'S HERE." Emma giggled as she threw her arms around her son, smothering him with chaste kissed on his face.

She pulled away from him and turned to Em, smiling curiously. "I assume you're the girl that Luke's been off about," Liz softly said, turning to her son again before holding out her hand. "I'm Liz."

"Emma," she replied sweetly.

Luke wrapped his arm around Em, mumbling to his mum that they'd just be bringing their stuff to his room. Liz nodded and shuffled off to the kitchen to pull out some snacks and drinks, anything to welcome her baby back to his rightful place at home. The pair snuck up the stairs to his old room. He cringed at all of the memories flooding back to him.

He threw his bag onto his desk. "You can put your stuff on that dresser there," he said and she did, then pulled out a fresh hoodie. Okay, she just didn't want to meet his brothers and mum properly in a Justin Bieber shirt. "My brothers are gonna' tease the hell out of me in there, so just laugh along, I guess."

"Your mum seems nice," she replied, leaving her shoes on because she wasn't sure what to do otherwise. "And your house smells like, um, what're those things . . . pine needles." He giggled, moving towards her at a fast pace and throwing his arms around her, but the impact had a greater effect on them than he thought, sending them tumbling to the ground. "Gah, Luke, what the fu-" He snickered weakly when she cut herself off.

He didn't move from on top of her. "You're warm," he stated and literally cuddled on top of her. But he was the size of a bear, so it looked ridiculous when Jack and Ben walked in, finding their brother atop of her.

"You! Help me," Emma groaned, trying to push him off of her, squirming underneath him. "God, get him off!" His brothers laughed as they both grabbed an arm and picked him off, then tackled him in a giant hug. She finally stood up and brushed herself off, fixing the strings on her hoodie so they were even. While Luke and his brothers chatted quietly so she couldn't hear, she took the time to fix her bun into something at least a tiny bit presentable.

Then Luke snaked an arm around her waist and hiked up her hoodie slightly, his cold fingers touching the hot skin of her hip. "This is Emma," he said proudly, "my girlfriend." She felt her cheeks flush as they both looked her up and down.

"Damn, Luke, this one is prettier than the other ones," Jack said and she frowned, her eyes settling on Luke. He said this one so loosely like there'd be many more girls afterwards. "Mum's so excited to catch up with you." Jack took Luke and scruffed his hair, leading him out of the room.

Ben stayed behind with Em. "Ignore him, he's kind of a jackass. Get it? Jackass," he laughed at himself. "I'm Ben. I think you seem nice. He hasn't had that many girlfriends so Jack doesn't really know what he's talking about."

Emma laughed awkwardly. "I hope not," she grinned and he chuckled, and they made their way downstairs. "I'm Emma, though. It's nice to meet you. Luke's told me tons about you guys."

He rolled his eyes. "They're probably all really bad things," Ben said and she tried to deny it before giving in and agreeing. Jack, Luke, and Liz were all in the living room. Em wasn't sure where to sit at first, but moved next to Luke anyway. He sat really close - so close they were touching.

"So, Luke, where's Cal?" Liz pouted, and he scowled, explaining that he had to work. "I was looking forward to seeing him. I'm sure you guys are so tired, as am I because I stayed up until five in the morning for you and now I'm going to bed."

She kissed each of her sons on the head (and then Emma as well because she didn't want her to feel left out) and went to her room that was downstairs. Jack looked between the two and smirked. "So . . . should I cover my ears tonight or what?" he asked and Emma's eyes widened before she buried her face in her hands, blushing wildly.

"I hate you so much," Luke muttered.

Ben started grasping at the air. "It's like, I can feel the sexual tension in the air," he said, then licked his lips. "I can almost taste it."

Em looked up in horror, shaking her head and leaning into Luke. He wrapped his arms around her as if on instinct, and Jack cooed from across the room. Emma stared at him and squinted her eyes before bursting out laughing at the thought of her and Luke doing it.

Luke had this small obsession with the skin above her waistband, so he always hiked up the shirt or sweatshirt she was wearing and put his hands there. It was so soft and warm and he liked it when she shuddered from the feel of his fingers on her like no other man could. Ben smirked at the action and it just made Luke roll his eyes.

"Okay, I'm going to bed. I drove too much for my liking," Jack mumbled and Ben complied as well, standing up. The two left and went to their rooms, both upstairs, leaving the two lovebirds alone on the couch.

Luke dug his nose into her neck, taking in the sweet scent of her shampoo mixed with her perfume. She loved this. She liked that they could sit in silence and just enjoy having each other there together. It was really nice having someone like that. Especially since it was Luke.

He mumbled, "Do you want to head to bed?"

Emma nodded and they stood, going to his room as quietly as they could in pitch black and her having this tendency of being really clumsy. They closed the door and she looked at him. He turned the light off, but the light of the pretty much morning sun lit up the sky. It was

"Boyfriends and girlfriends usually sleep in the same bed together," he stated, a slight pout to his bottom lip. She smiled just a bit as he slid into bed and opened his arms like a koala. "Emmmmmma." Finally she gave in, jumping into the bed and under the blankets, cuddling close to him. He was so cold, yet so warm. After a moment, he spoke. "Do you ever have those moments where you sit there and wonder if maybe something didn't happen then you wouldn't be where you are today?"

Em shifted so her head was on the pillow and she could see his face in the moonlight. "I'm not sure I understand," she murmured.

Luke moved as well so that he was laying on his side with his hand on her hip, tracing little circles in the skin. "Like, if we didn't talk at the pharmacy, and we both went home like normal, would I even be here right now?" he asked and she thought about it. "I don't know. I think if I hadn't have met you, I would be the same asshole I was before."

They looked at each other for a while, a silence looming next to them. Em reached up and ran her fingers through his hair, which he liked a lot. He felt his eyes drooping slowly and his subconscious took over. Em didn't feel very tired as she slept plenty on the way here. She would've offered to drive some if she knew where it was. Her eyes started to fall as well until she heard him mumble incoherently.

"I think I might love you, Emma."

Her eyes widened as he fell asleep. Luke, in his slumber, moved closer to her with his head on her chest and his arms around her waist. She didn't know when they had to wake up, but it couldn't have been in too long. When did barbecues start? Her heart was pounding in her chest.

She didn't sleep at all.