Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced

Start from the beginning

"Maybe. I don't want to miss school. Make up work sucks." I told him as I took my books from his hands and sat down at my desk. He sat down on the top of the desk beside me - which wasn't his by the way - and continued to look at me like he was planning to take me with him. The girl that usually sat there strayed away to one of her friends while her desk was occupied by Cameron's butt.

"It's only half a day since you're leaving after lunch." He stuck his bottom lip out this time to try and get me to agree. He dropped down to his knees and put his hands together on my desk. I sighed heavily, "I'll think about it." It was pretty much already decided for me.

"Yes!" He cheered and put his hands in either sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine roughly before walking back to his seat. He left me dazed and red-faced.

Lunch came quickly and past, leaving just the pep rally to tend to. Emma and I grabbed camera's and a notepad to take in all of our surroundings once the pep rally began. Emma took the liberty of writing down the events and describing the small details, something I couldn't do under pressure. I could take pictures, though. The pressure were both under is the while deal with Cameron and Adam wanting Tobago to this party-type-thing. I was still wary about the while idea. I knew my parents were leaving this evening after work so they'd wondering where I was if they got home and I wasn't there.

"What do you think about that pre-game party?" Emma asked me as we followed behind some of our classmates to get to the gym. I shrugged my shoulders at her question, "I don't really want to skip. I'm too innocent." Emma chuckled and agreed that she was also.

"I guess they'll just have to drag us out." I laughed lightly with Emma at her statement. That's exactly what Cameron would do if I said no.

I had my backpack with me, so if that was to happen, I'd at least have my homework fort first classes of the day.

"Hello, ladies." Adam spoke from behind Emma and I. I felt his arm rest over my shoulder and glanced over to see he was doing the same with Emma. He had both his arms draped around our shoulders and was walking with us towards the gym. He had his jersey on and was sporting a wide smile. I took the opportunity to snap a picture of this moment. In the picture, you could see most of Adam's face with a giggling Emma right beside him. I knew Emma would love to have that picture, so I made a mental note to keep it for her.

"Hey, Adam. Where's Cameron?" I asked him. He carefully took his arms off both of us and grabbed a hold of Emma's hand while we waited to get through the gym doors. Apparently the whole school was at this pep rally.

"He's in the locker room. I can here to deliver a message to the two of you." He told me. Emma perked up and I looked at Adam expectantly.

"What?" I asked him.

"Cam wants you to know that you have to be at the gym's back doors by the time the team leaves the gym." He said and pursed his lips out of boredom.
I narrowed my eyes.

"And what if I don't?" I challenged. Emma smiled between Adam and me.

"Well, you'll have to find out. But if I were you, I wouldn't try." He winked at me before turning and leaving a lingering kiss on Emma's cheek. Her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

In the gym, no decorations were up because they'd just have to be taken right back down after the rally. But, there were pictures of the senior basketball players for both girls and boys. I saw Danielle's pictures pasted on a round paper basketball and taped to the wall along with other girls' from the team and some boys.

Emma and I sat down at the very bottom of the bleachers so we could get good shots and good views. Theist thing we wanted to do was travel up and down the crowded bleachers just to get a quick picture or ask a player a question.