I shook my head and pressed my lips together to prevent myself from laughing,

She rolled her eyes, "I'm over here to talk to Donald," She says, looking at him and Dalvin laughed

She rolled her eyes, "I'm over here to talk to Donald," She says, looking at him and Dalvin laughed. "Girl, you got some nerve, coming over here trying to talk to him after you cheated on him. You on crack? You must be. Especially if you came out the house looking like that. Take yo' Pennywise looking ass on," He said and she looked like she wanted to cry. I almost felt bad for her but why should I after she did what she did? Her eyes welled up with tears and she looked over at Donald who looked totally unbothered, by the way.

"Don-"

"Bye, Tiana." Was all he said. At this point, tears cascaded down her face and it streaked her makeup. She turned around and walked away as the guys laughed at her. Donald shook his head and quickly grabbed a fry off of my tray before I could say anything about it. "You think you're slick," I said and he laughed.

"Dalvin, you ain't have to do that girl like that," Denise said and he smacked his lips, "She ain't have to do my brother like that, did she?" He asked and everyone at the table was silent. I looked over at De who looked completely unfazed by what  just happened.

The bell rang and we all stood up, "So, we'll see you tonight, right?" Dalvin asked and I shrugged, "We'll see. I'll see y'all later," I dumped my tray and went ahead and went to class. After school, I met Denise over by her car. "Hey, you wanna get some food?" She asked.

"Girl, yes!" We got into her car and I set my backpack in the backseat. She started the car and pulled out of her parking space before speeding out of the parking lot. "I know this amazing barbeque spot so I'm going to take you there," She said, turning on her radio. Paradise by Sade played and both of us nodded our heads to the beat. "I'd wash the sand off the shore. Give you the world if it was mine. Blow you right to my door, feels fine," The both of us sang in unison while we danced in our seats.

I laughed at her dancing and she laughed and continued to sing while she drove. I had gazed out of the window and got lost in my own thoughts. I was anxious about how tonight was going to pan out. Parties and large social events weren't really my thing but I had already told Dalvin that I would attend and I had to keep my word.