Chapter 16

'Investigate,' a voice whispered.

I crept up to the bush, it began to shake.

I eventually made it to the shrub and spread apart its leaves to see what had been following me, only to find nothing there.

I turned back around and saw Nick and Judy with terrified expressions on their faces, staring just above me. I twisted one last time...

"BOO!"

"WOAH!!" I fell back on by rump. I heard a mature and masculine laughter that was very familiar to me. I shook my head and came to my senses before looking upward.

I saw a man - a human man - in a red t-shirt, tan shorts, black shoes, short hair, and bandages wrapped around both hands

"Uncle Scout??" I said, my eyes widening.

"What's up, knucklehead?"

I couldn't hold back my tears of joy. "Uncle scout! I'm so happy you're here!" I embraced him in a hug.

Scout was my uncle. He was a professional with handling weaponry, mainly guns - lightweight. He went to war when I was twelve, one year before Mom died. He would call us every day, even after he heard the news about Mom. He was like one of my closest friends.

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please hit that "Vote" button, that's really appreciated. And If you REALLY enjoyed it, then in the comments section below, type "#zootopia"!