0.9

Carter was lucky that Helen Cho had a jet they could use to get back to New York. Pietro and Wanda had never been on a plane before so this was probably all new. Carter sat on the side chair by the window. Carter just wanted to get back to New York as quick as possible. Carter looked outside at the passing clouds, he thought of Lila and Cooper then, and his eyes shut tightly. He felt a presence next to him and he knew it was her. 

"I'm sorry for what I did, I shouldn't have done that." Her thick accent made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, "I know, I forgive you, I needed you to see me for who I really am." Carter looked at her eyes, "I still feel very guilty." She whispered, "I know, you're scared of going to the tower, but since you switched sides, we will protect you. Steve and I won't let anything happen to either of you." 

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She mumbled, "Wanda-" Carter started looking at her with a squint, she turned towards him hesitantly, "Give me your hand." She put her hand in his then and he let her feel a gentle shock, She gasped before looking up at him with wide eyes. "I will protect you with my life if I had too."  

"Thank you Carter for giving me a second chance." She spoke, she had a slight smile on her face while he smiled ear to ear. "Someone like you deserves a second chance." Her head moved to the side as she smiled back at him. Steve looked back at the two, they were so young, they didn't deserve to be weapons like they were, as heartbreaking as it was, he was glad to see they had each other. 

||

When the group walked into the tower's lab Carter was shocked to see the cradle hooked up to a bunch of wires and screens, he felt Wanda behind him along with Pietro tailing. Steve was right beside him, and his expression told he was angry, "I'm going to say this once, shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony walked over to the stairs then eying Carter who stood protectivly in front of the girl. 

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve countered, seeing Banners eyes squint at the two men shielding the woman behind them. "And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce motioned to Wanda, "I know you're angry." She pleaded, her eyes filled with regret. 

"We're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Banner glared at the young woman, and Carter felt his hands glow. 

"Banner, after everything that's hap..."

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony was dead set on finishing this little project. 

"You don't know what's in there." Wanda shouted seeing Carter glance at Pietro who quickly disappeared from plain sight. The blur running around swifty, as the team continued to argue. 

"This isn't a game!" 

Pietro soon came to stop with a power plug in his hand, "No, no. Go on. You were saying?" He looked at the team with a smart glance. Carter heard the shot before he saw the bullet fly up right in front of Pietro, and then the glass shattered. 

"Pietro!" Wanda moved forward to check on her sibling, "I'm rerouting the upload." Tony tried but then Steve threw the shield towards him, knocking the screen down, Carter ducked behind a table, he didn't want to hurt Tony or anyone with his powers. He was dangerous. 

"Go ahead, piss me off." Bruce had grabbed Wanda and put her in a choke hold, Carter knew she could handle herself and soon enough he was right. She pushed her magic through herself and hit Bruce in the chest. Carter saw a red cape in the corner of his eye, and then he saw Bruce look to Carter with panic.