0.5

The party was in full swing as Carter drank his beer, he hated parties and was really only here for the alcholic beverages...Tony had tired to get his fingers away from the booze, but he had failed. Carter had situated himself by the bar, and he drank his third beer with a slight smile, he felt good when he drank and he admitted maybe he shouldn't have turned to alcohol to solve his problems, but he did. Tony was across the room eying the boy with his usual stare, while Steve was talking to Sam. It was odd seeing Carter drink, he tried his hardest to not get super drunk, but in light of recent events, Carter found himself drowning in it.

Carter was standing at the bar when Bruce came over, he caught the eye of Natasha, who was behind the bar. Carter smiled at Bruce before pushing off the bar with his beer. Carter made his way up the stairs again to go sit outside. Carter wasn't much of a party person to begin with. He was only here to please Tony, plus free beer was always a plus.

Carter sat down on a couch outside on the balcony. He wanted peace and quiet, the thoughts inside his mind were racing mile a minute. They were growing more painful by the minute, and he pressed his hands against his head.

His headache was painful, and if Carter was being honest, he hadn't felt this pain in a while. The last headache where he couldn't even open his eyes happened right before he met Natasha. The party was winding down when he felt the rest of the team join him outside, "Carter?" Natasha asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine, just a headache." He whimpered out, as he felt Steves hand on his other shoulder. The two parental figures comforted him, Tony was the last one out, and handed Carter some advil. Although they didn't help it still was something, "You feeling okay?" Tony asked seeing the bottle of beer on the table in front of him. His usual headache episodes have begun to worry Tony to the max, there was something about Inhumans that Tony still didn't get. He had been in contact with Hill about the inhumans and was trying to study more about them and their dna. He wanted to be able to help Carter, and if trying to prevent his headaches than he would have succeeded.

Tony wanted Carter to have a better life, he didn't want to see him in pain nor did he want to see the boy emotionally torn. Tony loved having Carter around, having a young adult living in the tower made Tony feel young again, it made him feel less lonely. He knew the team loved Carter too, and the team was worried about the young man.

Carter popped three advils in his mouth and drank the water Nat had brought for him. He rubbed his face as the team came out to join him, Maria, and Helen accompained them. Thor placed his hammer on the table as Carter leaned on the back of the couch. Clint had brought two drum sticks out with him and was twirling them in his fingers. The group was conversing when it turned into an argument about how Thor's hammer was a mental thing.

"But it's a trick." Clint was smug. He hated that Thor could do something he couldn't. "No, no, it's much more than that."

"Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power. Whatever, man! It's a trick."

"Please, be my guest."  Thor gestured to Clint as Carter sipped his fourth beer of the night. The boy felt nothing, no buzz no lightheaded ness.

"Come on." Carter yelled out, suprising Clint, "Really?"

"Yeah." Thor nodded and then motioned to his hammer on the table.

Rhodes let out a soft hum, "This is gonna be beautiful."

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony smirked before Clint got up to move towards the hammer.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint laughed holding his drumsticks as he held the hammer with one hand. He pulled up and it didn't budge. Carter smirked before laughing hysterically.