"She's here because we invited her, Tiana! Damn! You know what? I'm tired of this shit!" He yelled. At this point, he had veins popping out of his neck as well as his forehead. Tiana stared up at him quietly with tears in her eyes. "I'm done with you. Don't call any of my phones or don't page me unless you're going to pay the bill," He said coldly before turning to walk away. He walked towards the car and we all followed suit. He unlocked the doors and opened the door, allowing Dalvin, Cedric, and JoJo to get in first.

I adjusted my seat before getting in and shutting my door, putting my seatbelt on. Donald quickly started the car and sped out of the parking lot. He gripped onto the steering wheel with both hands and his jaw ticked while his gaze remained on the road. "Dalvin, I should really kick your ass. I was having the best sleep of my life, man," Jojo said and Cedric agreed. "Aye, De, you good?" Joel asked him and he exhaled deeply. "I'm cool, man." His tone was dry. I could tell he was hurt, as well as angry and embarrassed.

I mean, who wouldn't be? His girlfriend was literally in his presence while she was creeping, and to make matters worse, all of his friends and peers were there and they found out the same way he did. The car held an awkward silence and nobody said anything until De pulled up in front of my house. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Thanks, for the outing," I said, grabbing my backpack off of the ground. "Goodnight, Jay," Dalvin said and Cedric and Joel exchanged their goodbyes as well. "You guys be safe," I said before getting out of the car. I wasn't really bothered that De didn't say goodbye because I knew the mood he was in.

But, he did stay outside until I made it inside the house. He honked once before pulling away from the curb, speeding down the street. I closed and locked the door before kicking my shoes off and picking them up before going to my room. I took off my backpack and jacket before sitting down on my bed, letting out a loud sigh.

I couldn't get the events that happened tonight out of my head. For the most part, I enjoyed myself, but I wish things could've gone differently for Donald. Just the look on his face and the look he had in his eyes when he saw Tiana in that movie theatre made me wanna cry for him but run for the hills at the same time. His eyes were full of rage, as well as pain.

A knock on my door brought me out of my reverie. "Come in," I said and Dad walked in, dressed in his pajamas with a face mask on his face. "Hey, kid. How was the movie?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh at him. "Dad, you're such a Diva," I said and he smacked his lips. "Yeah, I might be a Diva but this Diva ain't gon' have any wrinkles or acne, how about that?" He said, sitting on my bed. "Now, answer my question," He pressed.

"It was cool but some stuff went down," I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Stuff like what?" He asked. "One of my friends caught their girlfriend cheating on them," I said and he mumbled 'sheesh' before he continued to speak, "That sucks. I hope he's alright, man, because I know heartbreak is a muthafucka," He said. "Boy, don't I know it..." I mumbled and he kissed his teeth. "What you mean? Who broke your heart?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Mom..." I said and I could tell he was shocked by my response. He opened his mouth to say something but he quickly closed it, sighing. "I'm sorry..." He said and I shrugged. "It's not your fault," I mumbled, looking down at my hands that rested in my lap. My nose burned and tears started to well up in my eyes. I tried to hide the fact that I was crying but I failed miserably because to my discretion, tears fell from my eyes and onto my lap.

"Don't cry, JJ. You're going to be alright, okay?" He said and I nodded. He engulfed me in a large hug and I lied on his shoulder. I loved and respected my Dad so much because unlike my mom, he was always there for us. No matter how hard shit got, he always stuck around and it was like that even after he and my mother divorced.