Memories of Midnight

Huge bloodshot eyes, gnashing sharp teeth and dark undefined body. That’s how she describes this threatening force in front of her. Its sanguinary nails are trying to hold some of the iron bars.

It’s looking at her. She’s aware of it.

It’s trying to move from now and then like its teasing and provoking her. There’s only a few other people in the train and they seem unconcerned about the scenario.

But despite of the tension, Agnes remains so calm and untroubled. Looks like it is so usual to her, seeing an average man cannot.

Sometimes, Agnes feels special having this kind of ability, but frequently, it feels like a chastisement to her. She doesn’t want it, but she got no choice.

The train stopped. Agnes rushed her way out and went straight to the foster home, a few meters away, she is currently staying.

It’s been four months since both of her parents committed suicide right in front of her eyes. She got nothing, not even a single clue why did they do it. All that she remember was they’re a happy family, well not anymore.

 Social and Welfare officers can’t trace any of their relatives so she’s been temporarily placed to St. Mary Foster Home.

There she met Allison White, her best friend.

She always feels aroused thinking about her. Agnes admits it. She’s physically and emotionally attracted to Allison. She usually imagined Allison, naked, with her curly blonde hair hanging openly revealing her sexy and healthy breasts.

Agnes stops in front of an old, weary and creepy building. The snow is falling intensely making her shiver.

As she approaches the stairs, she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She turned her head and saw Allison standing under a light post just across the street. Agnes beamed upon seeing her best friend.

“Hey! What are you doing down there?”

But Allison did not respond.

Agnes then thought, she might be deeply distressed with something that she’s not in a very good mood.

“Come on now. Let’s get inside. Madame Helga might scold us.”

Still, no response.

She decided to walk across and fetch Allison by herself. Agnes was taken aback when a 12-wheeler truck suddenly appear from nowhere making her freeze from where she’s standing. It rapidly run its wheels on the asphalt road and immediately just passes through.

Agnes look back at Allison, but she was nowhere to be found now. There’s not even a single sign that she’s been under the light post earlier. Allison just vanished into thin air.

The wind blew. It made her blood cold. Agnes was so confused. Her mind is tangling.

Is this all my imagination or Allison’s just playing tricks with me?

The clouds above thickened. Thunderstorms roared. The wind blew again so hard. Snowfall is getting more intense making visibility almost zero. The weather is getting worse.

Agnes then turned to the opposite direction and start heading towards the stairs again. She quickens her step. The door is quite stuck so needs to push it forcibly. She opens it and was blown by what was happening.

She saw a lot of the orphans gathering in the living room. Some of them are weeping. Some of them are crying and panicking.

“It’s the curse! It’s the curse!”