"Tej,What is Swethlana doing here?"questioned dadi,Still unable to believe that her son has reached a point of no return.

"She will be staying in the Oberoi mansion from today."declared Tej which made Dadi loose her footing.Rudra rushed to her side to hold her.Rudra made Dadi sit on the nearest chair and asked someone to bring some water for her.

While Rudra was busy tending to dadi Saumya noticed that Swethlana stepped inside the mansion and was heading to Priyanka who was still standing frozen in the middle of the lounge.She saw Swethlana search something inside her bag and she instinctively took a step ahead ready to intervene if something goes wrong.

Swethlana took out a velvet case, which looked like it contained some jewellery.She extended the jewelry case to Priyanka.

"Take it.It is a small gift from me.Tradionally,I am the one who is supposed to receive welcome gifts but since I knew that you people wont take that much of effort,I decided to be the one to do the honours. I always thought that diamond suited you so here,I bought a small pendant for you."she offered in the sweetest tone she could muster.

Priyanka's eyes shifted to the velvet case that Swethlana was holding.It looks expensive.She mused.her mind shifted to the jewelry that her elder brothers had gifted her on their first earning. Even those were packed in similar expensive velvet cases.How ironic.It took all of the control inside her to stop her hand for reaching out and planting a slap on the lady standing at less than an arms distance from her. Well,that was until she heard Swethlana saying.

"Le lo. Dont be shy.After all,in a few months I am going to be Mrs Oberoi and your step mother."she snickered in her usual sugar coated voice.

Priyanka at once tipped the velvet case out of 'sding it flying across the room and landing at some distance.The anger coursing through her was so intense,that on an impulse she swung her right hand which landed right across Swethlana's cheek with a resounding Thadd.

All of them stared at the Oberoi princess Shocked at her action.Even Rudra stared at his sister wide eyed.She was the meekest of the lot,stuttering at the simplest of sentences. But today the rage in her eyes and the expression on her face told them that she was tigress who would strike when provoked beyond limits.

Swethlana's hand cupped her burning cheek and she straightened up to face Priyanka.

"PRIYANKAA..."Tej bellowed as he rushed forward to support Swethlana after recovering from his initial shock.

Even Rudra flinched at his tone but Priyanka coolly ignored her father's scream and focused her attention on the lady she had just slapped.She watched with satisfaction,how Swethlana's cheek reddened with the impact.

"I.....I am Priyanka....Pri..Priyanka Singh Oberoi...You---Cannot buy me...I will not le..let your dream of being...Mrs Oberoi co..come true ever..."Priyanka stuttered.Today even her stutter was not able to dimmer her confidence or hide the under lying threat in her statement.

"You little piece of...."She raised her hand to grab Priyanka but before she could reach her,a hand held hers.Saumya stood between Swethlana and Priyanka.

"Dont you dare raise your hand on her."

"Saumya stay out of this.This is our family matter.We will settle it ourselves.we dont need an outsider to interfere."Tej warned.

"Saumya is Dadi's best friends daughter and my best friend."Rudra intervened for Saumya.

"She is your friend not your family,Rudra.She is just a guest who has long overstayed her welcome."Swethlana taunted.

"Friends are family Swethlana. She is more of a family member than you will be ever be."Rudra defended."And regarding Saumya staying in the Oberoi mansion........"