Hero >> Steve Rogers X Male!Stark!Reader

Start from the beginning

Wanda moans. "Not even me?"

Clint claps her on the back, walking to the door. "Nah, you're still allowed. Alrighty, I'm off!"

It's late one night when Steve's phone rings. It's never good when a phone rings late...that's something you know well. But when you both wake up to it, you know it's not good at all. Steve has a setting on his phone that doesn't allow for anyone to contact him in his 'off hours' (aka, the time he puts aside for you and sleeping and all that) except for his favourites.

"Hello?" He answers, voice full of sleepiness.

Five minutes later, he's packing clothes into a bag, struggling to get into his pants. You're working on buying your boyfriend a plane ticket to London. It was Peggy Carter. His first flame.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" He asks you, one foot in his shoe, the other shoe in his hand.

You shake your head. "I'm not good at funerals." You tell him. "Um...I guess I'll stay here and work out what'll happen to us all now the Sokovia Accords are happening. They're working on it soon."

Steve shakes his head. "I can't believe I forgot..." he whispers. His phone beeps, the alarm for him to leave to make the flight. "Say safe, babe," he tells you, kissing your cheek. "See you soon."

It's hard to go back to sleep after that. But you do, despite all the odds.

It's days later when you go stir crazy. It feels like forever since you've been out, opting to be inside Steve and your shared room instead of facing the world about the whole Sokovia Accords business. Despite the fact you're only an honorary Avenger, never on a tactical mission, the media loved to chase you for the simple fact that you're ________ Stark. And that, unlike your brother, you're gay, and some people can't get over that fact even though it was the twenty-first century.

But when you make it to the foyer, you're greeted by Vision.

"Tony said he bought the newest video game you like," he said, standing before you, blocking the exit. "Why don't we play it?"

You shake your head. "I want to go outside."

Wanda makes a noise, gesturing to the android. "He's stopping us from leaving, you know. I did not want to make a scene, on my own...but now you're here, there is incentive, no?" She walks between the both of you and clicks her tongue. "You know how strong I am, Vision. I can overpower you."

He nods. "But you are not a monster, Wanda. You do not have to."

You turn away, opting to not see what Wanda does to your fellow teammate. When you turn, you see Clint, and he's whisking you and Wanda away, out of the facility. You don't ask where you're going. You already know.

To Steve.

As soon as you're with him, he's gone, and you're left at an airport in Germany, trying to explain to the officials what has happened, trying to organise medical assistance for Rhodey, trying to figure out what happened yourself. You're not usually the PR person for the team, but with Pepper gone MIA after Tony's last fling, you're left in the positon. It sucks that you have to do things just because you're his brother; why doesn't Happy get a pay raise, and this job? How about literally anyone else?