A Frown a Day Keeps the Christmas Cheer at Bay >> James "Bucky" Barnes X Reader

Title: A Frown a Day Keeps the Christmas Cheer at Bay

Paring: James "Bucky" Barnes X Reader

Warnings: Christmas fluff! Mentions of things and powers and Marvel things. Nothing bad. Clint intends to steal a turkey. 

Spoilers: yes, for Jessica Jones (very minor) and Captain America: Civil War but hey, you're reading this and I'm guessing (long shot here) you're a Marvel fan? And maybe you've seen them anyways enjoy the story sorry about the sarcasm

______________________________________________________________________________

For as long as you could remember, you'd wanted to make a difference in the world. That had been a normal idea, before you had gotten into a car accident with your sister, Jess, and adopted out into a home where you were the freak of the family, and subsequently, weren't allowed to reach out to your sister. Perhaps being able to move things without touching them was a little too much for the small suburban home of the Dersluy's, and you held your abilities at bay in order to keep a sort of peace under their roof.

Now, at twenty, you're out and free, and still wanting to do the same thing you'd wanted as a kid; to do good, to make a difference in the world. Except, now there had been an alien invasion in New York City, and the Fantastic Four had decimated a small town and there was the whole thing where the Avengers had actually been a superhero team, and then as soon as they were together, there was the rift, and end of the team.

But that wouldn't stop you from joining them. It's how you found yourself on the bus out of Hell's Kitchen, hitchhiking, catching a handful of trains and walking to the facility you'd heard rumours of in upstate New York. It's also how you found yourself knocking on the door, and waiting for the figure of Tony Stark himself to open the entrance.

"We're not a bed and breakfast, kid," he ran a hand over his beard, and squinting his eyes, he began to close the door. At once, you felt it; the need to use your abilities. There was no way you went this far out of your way to be rejected by Iron Man himself. With just a flick of your wrist, the door stilled, and with not a tug more he couldn't shut the door. "Uh, I think you got the wrong big building. X Mansion is that way," he pointed over your head.

You shake your head. "I'm here to join the Avengers. I can't sit around watching my city turn to shit and people in masks without agendas try and hold the world on their shoulders." You fish into your pocket, and show him your I.D. "I'm _______ Jones. I'm not a mutant, and I'm not letting a pompous arsehole like yourself stop me." You push past him, eyes taking in the facility's high walls and glass displays of many trophies and things collected.

"You're determined, I'll take that," Tony's door clicks behind him, your telekinesis is weakened at your distraction of being in the place you'd dreamed about ever since you'd been a teenager. "But the boy band is broken up. Everyone's gone their ways -,"

You shake your head. "I've done my research. Dr. Banner is working in Haiti, Ms. Romanov in Germany, the archer's in his home, with his family." You shoot back, ignoring the shock on Mr. Stark's face. "Vision is in this facility here today, and Captain Rogers and Sergeant Barnes are one state over with Miss Maximoff."

The Iron Man's eyes widen like he's just heard the impossible. "That's classified information -,"

You nod. "I can read minds easier than moving things outside my body, Mr. Stark," you interrupt, facing him. "You need to call the team back together. I don't care how many broken hearts and shields there are, but there needs to be a team. We're a planet without heroes, we need defending."

The AI speaks up, a female voice intoning before she is instructed to, "I shall have all of the Avenger I.D. holders contacted to arrive here within forty-eight hours," she tells Tony, and adds, "_______ Jones makes a good point, sir."