“Nice to meet you,” She shook Andrea’s hand.

“Andrea, can you excuse us, we need to go,” Leo stated, pulling Taylor with him, up the stairs. Andrea nodded, giving one last smile before Taylor was pulled upstairs. Walking down the hallway, they reached an unfamiliar door. Leo opened it and pulled her in. Inside, was Leo’s parents, along with Taylor’s mom, sitting on a chair looking lost at the ground. She looked up and spotted Taylor.

“Mom?” She whispered before running up to her and giving her a large hug.

“Oh sweetie, I missed you so much! How are you? Are you feeling well?” Her motherly instinct took over as she examined Taylor.

“No mom I’m fine. How are you?” Taylor looked up at her mom, wiping tears from her mother’s sad eyes.

“I’m fine. I just missed you so-“Her mother stopped talking, staring behind her. Taylor turned around, facing a man with shiny black hair and deep brown eyes. His face was handsome for a forty-something year old man, but he looked rather built in his black suit, but Taylor could tell it was natural muscles on his chest that poked out on the uncovered part of his, slightly unbuttoned shirt. He smiled lovingly at her before turning his gaze towards her mother, love and passion filled in his eyes. He walked towards them, but Taylor backed away.

Her father stopped slightly, hurt filling his eyes at her action.

“Taylor, please, don’t back away, I love you and I promise I won’t leave you again,” he pleaded, desperation and tears filling his eyes. Taylor stood there, firm.

“No. You left me and mom to fend for ourselves. I could never forgive a man like that!” She shouted, her voice wavering as tears threatened to spill over. She held them back.

“I’m so sorry, baby girl, but I had to leave. I had a pack that I was responsible for, and the others would’ve hurt you if I didn’t leave. They would track me until they found you, and would kill you after they got your powers,” He said, genuinely. Taylor stepped forward cautiously.

“What do you mean them? And what powers?” She asked.

“Come and sit down, it’s quite a long story,” He motioned for her to sit on the couch. She hesitated, then slowly pulled her mother with her and sat on the couch.

“Look sweetheart, he’s right. They would have taken you away and killed you if your father hadn’t left. Please understand sweetie?” Her mother begged her with her eyes.

“But who are ‘they’ and what do they want with my so called ‘powers’?” She questioned again.

“Well, most supernatural creatures are good, however, there are some creatures that would love to harness your power of controlling the four elements: earth, wind, fire, and water. With this gift, you can control almost any aspect of the world. Your kind is very rare, and people are willing to hunt you down till they find you. If I left, it would throw them off your scent, making you safe. That is why I left. If I had the choice to stay, I would have in a heartbeat, but I’d rather stay away from you all my life than risk not having you at all,” Her father looked down sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry Daddy. I didn’t know...” Taylor got up and began to cry. She couldn’t allow herself to look like this, not in front of Leo, his parents, and her own. She ran out of the room and into Leo’s. She heard footsteps behind her, but she ignored them.

Sliding to the ground against the wall, she buried her arms in her hands.

“How could I have been so stupid!? He was only trying to protect me! I just hurt my family and my mother! Every time I brought up my father, I cursed him out, right in front of my mother, who knew all this time who he was, who I was, and let me! I must’ve hurt my mother incredibly! I deserve to die! I’m probably the worst kid any parents would want!” She spoke, anger and shame dripping from every word.