Awkward Romance (prince gumball x reader)

Prince gumball's P.O.V

I walked around my lab...I walked in circles-

"Your majesty the fact that ye aren't doing anythin' productive simply annoys me, wha' are ya even staying up all night fo'? Ya haven't slept in ages!" butterscotch the scottish butler scolded interrupting my train of thought.

But I have many reasons why, some of which I cannot entirely explain...yet.

"It's only a month and if you are, then you may leave me alone here in my lab" I suggested with a bit of sarcasm in my voice

"All this is taking it's toll on ya, remember when you pronounced names wrong during the ceremony?"

"for the heroism of root beer girl? yes? Was it....that bad?"

"You passed out afta ya did lad"

"Right, right...I suppose it is that...bad"

"Ya been stayin' up more when tha lassy was talkin' to ya"

"Excuse me?"

"(y/n), you two are gettin' pretty close there"

"I....what?"

"She might be a good wif-"

"Nononononononono....NO! That's not it we're just friends" I can't believe she's so straight-forward!

"Is tha' pink in yer face?"

"NO IT IS NOT" then, I felt my cheeks heat up, amazing "my skin is originally pink i don't know what you're talking about."

"It's nearly as dark as yer hair"

I looked away.

"Ya rejected to many ladies yer majesty, wha' do ya want? A man?"

"WHA-?!NO!"

"Tha ol' vampire king? wha's his name? Marshall lee?"

"WHAT?! OF COURSE NOT!!"

"Then wha' do ya want?"

"Alone time, I already told that you may leave"

"Sorry but I'm obligated to yer majesty, but I'm gonna take a short break and ya better be explainin' wha's goin' on once I come back, then I'll leave ya alone" she said walking out the door and slamming it shut.

I sighed and slammed my fists in my desk

"What am I going to do?!"

Honestly, I've been doing some research on her and myself. Simply because i don't understand this...feeling? I've felt this way before but it's been a while and all my life I've never dared to research about feelings.

The windows open and a strong breeze fills the room scattering all my papers-wait, "MY PAPERS!" I exclaimed as I try to gather and arrange them.

"yo, pink face. are you seriously going to serenade a girl like (y/n) with your nerdy calculators and experiments? pffft! lame! I'd dump you if I were her"

my hard work! scattered on the floor! did some of them go out the window? oh glob no! wait-I know that voice...ugh, him? seriously? hold on...what did he say again? it doesn't matter, you don't need a distraction. 

 "go away Marshall" I demanded coldly.

"oh whoops,I uh-spilled the beans there...please don't tell Cake I said that" he said ignoring my demand. the nerve of this guy!

I sighed, "why? what DID you tell me?" 

"Well it wasn't really tell, it was more of an attempted insult that could've-you know what? never mind. Let's talk about you" he said as he cleared your completely messed up table and broke your perfectly good beakers and test tubes that caused all that hard work to spill on the perfectly good candy floor.