chapter 8: Questions

It was wednesday. Nothing good ever happens on wednesday. I tried to stick around Kevin today. I got nervous every time he would ask to get his water, or go to the bathroom; because the killer might decide to kill him then. Nothing ever happened though. I thought that it might be helpful to think about who would gain the most from Kevin's death. It's a sad thing to think that someone could gain from the death of someone. Usually it's just a lot of grief and pain that someone gains from death. I asked Kevin if there was anybody that disliked or hated him. He just said," No. I don't think anybody hates me. I'm just a pretty nice guy that is trying to have a good life. I don't think I have ever done anything to anyone that would deserve a punishment nearly as harsh as death." Maybe the killer was insane. That would explain why he would want him dead. The problem with that is that there is no one at school who is insane. So maybe it was someone who was jealous of Kevin. He is a very talented guy after all. And there is so much to be jealous of too. He is good at basketball, video games, and practically any other games you can think of. He is also very smart, and good looking. So, it could be someone from the basketball team who wants to be the best. But everyone there loves Kevin, and is happy that he is there to help out the team. So maybe it is someone at school who is almost as smart as him, and wants to be the smartest; but that could be anyone, and so thinking about that is pointless.

I decided that I had hit a dead end and could not figure out who it was. I would just have to hope to be near him when the assassination attempt starts. I know just how to stop it too. I can use the 45 that i found. It's a good caliber, and i'm a pretty good shot, so wherever it hits, it will do a lot of damage. I probably will only need one bullet. Also, since it's a pistol, it will be easy to conceal. I went home after my finals. It was biology, and i did really well on it. There were only two more days that Kevin could be attacked on, so the tension all around school was reaching a maximum. It was so high, you could startle the whole class with the drop of a pencil. This needed to stop. We can't keep living on in fear like this. This may sound kinda strange; but I actually wanted the attempt to happen on Thursday. Just so that this madness would end.