Chapter III

Hanzo was a sick man, he was a wicked man. He was once a good man, loved by many. But his former self had been drowned by alcohol. He was sack of shit alcoholic now. He beat his own daughter for Christs's sake! He had driven her to run away. He knew it would come. The few times he was sober during the day, he would curl up into a ball and cry on his bed. He was good for nothing, a stain on humanity's reputation. He regretted ever going back to alcohol. The truth was, this was his second alcohol addiction. He had his first when he was in his twenties. It destroyed his life. He ended up broke and almost homeless. He was sick. But then he met Etsuko.. she was the first one who saw past the bottles of beer scattered across his apartment. She saw he could be saved. And she saved him. Through multiple rehabilitation programs, got over alcohol. She was his everything, and together they had Natsuki. The first 7 years was wonderful. But then Etsuko was diagnosed with cancer. Hanzo spent all of his money on her, trying to find a treatment to save her life, but to no avail. Her death killed Hanzo. He was an empty husk of who he once was, a hollow shell. And so he started to drink again. He wanted to resist, but it was the only way he could cope with his wife's death. Then, he began to drink more. And more. And more. Until he was an alcoholic once again. He couldn't control himself anymore. He was wicked. He routinely beat his own daughter and failed to feed her. When he drank, he was someone else. When he was sober, he was hopeless, and knew his daughter would never trust him again. So he wasn't surprised to find out that she had run away. In a way, he had almost expected it. The years of torment had ruined her life. Hanzo had known how awful he had been to her, and regretted ever going back to alcohol. But it couldn't be taken back. And so, he did the one sane thing he could imagine.

He turned himself in.

At around 7:00 PM, he went to the local police station. He approached the counter.

"Um... excuse me?"

"Yes?" Said the secretary, who had just hung up from a phone call.

"Um... I would like you to arrest me."

The secretary was taken aback. "On what charges?" She asked.

"Child abuse. My daughter's name is Natsuki, and I've been an alcoholic ever since her mother died. As a result, I've been consistently beating and neglecting her."

"Okay... and what is your name, sir?"

"Um, my name is Hanzo. I can give you all of my information throughout the process."

"Okay, then. Excuse me!" The secretary yelled to some officers. "I need some of you guys to come over here, we have a man turning himself in claiming he has abused his child."

A couple of officers came over to Hanzo. They put him in handcuffs as the secretary filled out some papers.

"Finally, justice has been served..." Hanzo thought. The officers took him to the back of the police station for questioning.