xviii

➵

CLAUDIA HAD RAN AWAY BEFORE the two could even see that she was there. She ran as fast as she could away from the two, although she was sore and weak, she couldn't bare being in the same building with him.

Him.

Oh how she despised him. But she couldn't, because he hasn't even seen her yet. He doesn't know if that's they real Claudia or the whole group was going crazy because of Will Byers. It wasn't the first time she was heart broken by him, but this - out of all broken hearts - was the worst. It was like the memory that was just made kept replaying in her lost mind.

Claudia was about to take the last corner to walk out of the school when she heard cars outside. Eyes widening, she frantically tried to find somewhere she could hide. Instantly, she thought of the AV room, where the party would go to talk and have fun. Basically, it was their hideout spot from the real scary world. (Although they didn't know that yet)

She moved herself into the small room, the door knob only jiggling before Claudia noticed that it had obviously been locked. She let out a frustrated groan, knowing that she had to break it down somehow.

So, she took a step back and with all of her might - which wasn't a lot considering how sore she was - she ran to the door with her shoulder.

Well, the locked door didn't change.

But her shoulder sure did.

Claudia winced a bit, knowing that a large bruise was going to grow there anytime soon. She had to think of another hiding place very quickly as she heard car doors slam and numerous footsteps approaching the school. She frantically searched for rooms, any kind of hiding space that she could find. Who were these people anyway? Were these the bad people that Eleven had warned her about?

The brunette sprinted to one of the janitor's closet, quickly locking the door after she got in.

And it was pitch black.

No light.

Nothing.

Claudia could feel her heart began to scream at her to get out of the dark space almost too immediately, knowing that this was dangerous. Something could be behind her and she wouldn't even notice until the lights came on. She wanted to so badly turn the light switch on but she knew that the light would be exposed between the small gap underneath the door. Her mind was racing with worried thoughts and questions, she wouldn't stay sane in the darkness. Especially if it was silent.

Well, only for a couple of minutes until Claudia heard lots of footsteps outside the tiny room, she could see the shadows under the door as patches of black was exposed. She heard voices as well, some of the people saying; "All rooms are empty," or "Clear,"