iv

➵

CLAUDIA AND ELEVEN WERE EATING the tub of ice-cream that Benny had given them for dessert. Yes, the two girls had stayed there all day, eating and talking. Claudia and Eleven seemed to become friends in an instinct and the two couldn't have been happier. They both need the company of a friend.

Except that Eleven didn't know what a friend was until Claudia told her.

"Someone that you are close to and you can always trust them. Before I ran away, my friends and I made this motto for our party. It was 'friends don't lie', meaning that we must always tell each other the truth and never lie." Is what Claudia said to Eleven. And Eleven understood it clearly, knowing that Claudia was now a 'friend' to her and vise versa.

But now, the two friends were enjoying the chocolate ice-cream together, large spoons in hand as they ate away.

"Yesterday was awesome! Over."

"Yeah, it was! Especially when we all ate so much ice-cream that some felt sick! Over."

"Lucas and Will were throwing up in the bathroom! Over."

"They're faces turned green! Over."

"True. Oh! And then you were rubbing my back as I threw up in a bucket. Over."

"That was funny because you kept trying to talk to me but you couldn't because you kept puking! Over."

"Hey! At least I tried to talk to you! Over."

"What was even more funny was that Dustin and I didn't feel sick at all! We just kept eating the chocolate ice-cream until you yelled at us to stop. Over."

"I was worried you guys would be sick too! And you two didn't even feel full at all! Over."

"That was funny! Over."

"Yeah, that day was bad but good at the same time! Over."

"But would you want to do it again? Over."

"Definitely. Over."

Benny had already called the 'Social Services Hotline' to talk about Eleven but he never mentioned Claudia. Probably because her parents were still in town.

Parents still in town.

"Oh my god." Claudia whispered suddenly and Eleven's head whipped up to look at her with a questioning look. "My parents, I forgot about them!"

But Benny spoke up, a slight uneasiness in his voice as if something was wrong. "Hey, don't worry. We'll see them tomorrow, it's too dark at the moment."

Then, there was a knock at the door.

And Benny walked away to see who it was.

Claudia watched from the kitchen along with Eleven to see what the fuss was about. "Maybe it's the social service lady." Claudia mumbled, looking at Eleven. But just as Claudia turned to look back at Benny and the lady, her eyes widened just in time to see the lady shoot Benny.

The two gasped, seeing his big body fall to the ground and Claudia could instantly feel the tears in her eyes. Benny was her friend, like a second father. And now he was gone. Claudia stared at his body only for a couple of seconds until Eleven grabbed Claudia's wrist.

And they both ran away.

Claudia didn't know a lot about Eleven except that she was her age and that she has a tattoo on her arm. So seeing two grown men, guns at hand, fall to the ground just with a swift head movement from Eleven was a huge shock and surprise to Claudia.

Claudia's mind was racing with too many questions that she swore that her head would probably explode. Why did that lady shoot Benny? Who was that lady? Was the lady one of the bad guys that Eleven was talking about? How could Eleven do that? Is she telekinesis? How is that even possible?

But now they were in the woods, running as fast as they could. It had only been five minutes of running and Claudia could feel drops of water cascade down her face, as well as on Eleven's and Claudia's intertwined hands, making their hands slowly slip away from each other.

Ahead, she saw three figures, a flashlight each, walking around the forest. They hadn't seen the girls yet but if they moved any more than five metres, Claudia was sure that they could spot her and Eleven.

"Dustin, shut up!'

Then, Claudia froze right in her spot. Her eyes widened, mouth opened, heart racing so quickly that she could feel the thumps in her chest ever so clearly. She felt her mind spin, making her so dizzy that her body wanted to faint.

No.

It couldn't be.

She heard the voice.

His voice.

His voice that she had been longing to hear.

She said it so quietly that nobody could hear her, the loud storm helping. She said it so quietly as if he would hear her from twenty metres away.

"Mike."

/////

WASSSSSSSUP

I'm feeling so tired but it's only 5pm oml.

OKAY! Hope you all have a great day!

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

-Indiana