2. We were both kids

Depuis le début

"I gotta go to work and you aren't staying alone in a apartment in Gotham." He grumbles.

I start to wonder where he works as we travel back down those flights of stairs.

"Don't worry about the amount of stairs. The elevator guy is coming to fix them Sunday." Harvey tells me as we continue down.

Great three days of up and down the stairs.

As we leave the apartment Harvey leads me to his car. Which I have to admit is pretty nice. I like the color black on a car. We get in and Harvey starts to drive without telling me where he works.

After a few minutes of dead silence I break it.

"Did you ever know my name before I told you just now?" I ask him playing with my window lock.

"Yea, your mother sent me a letter when she found out you were a girl. She said she always wanted to be named Jessica so she was gonna name you that." He answers. "What about you? You know about me?"

"I asked her about you a few times. I had you name, a description of how you looked, and some stories of when you two were seeing each other." I tell him truthfully. "I also got a mom who told me I'd be better off without him, but to respect him known the less."

I was gonna be respectful, I truly was. But if he thinks I'm gonna make this easy on him he's wrong.

"You have her spunk." He chuckles.

"And apparently your sense of hiding emotions in situations." I mutter.

Harvey pulls into a large building labeled GCPD.

"You a cop?" I question.

"Detective." He corrects me.

"Cool, you ever put away some freak show?" I ask kinda interested. If I had to be in the police force, I'd want to be a detective. They get to do all types of interesting stuff and meet some bizarre criminals.

"Everyday kid, everyday damn day." He sighs and gets out of the car with me following him.

*=*=*

We enter the police stations and it's huge. There's a bunch of desks everywhere and hidden offices on the next floor along with a jail holding cell.

It's a pretty nice place I have to admit.

A tall man walks over to us and stops and stares at me. He has a black suit on and has grey blonde hair.

"Jim I need to talk to you for a minute." Harvey motions towards me.

"Yea that would be nice Harvey." The guy I guess named Jim says.

Jim leads us into an office and closes the door behind him. By the looks of the room and the way those two look at each other it's no secret that those two are partners and are friends.

Jim takes a seat at his desk and Harvey and I remain standing.

"Jim this is Jessica Blair, my daughter." Harvey tells Jim. "Jessica this is Jim Gordon, my partner and friend."

Called it.

"Sup." I nod.

Jim looks a little confused and I don't blame him. His friend doesn't tell him that he had a daughter, betrayal central.

"Nice to meet you Jessica. How long are you in town for?" Jim did me.

"I'm living here now." I explain in a bored tone.

Jim's eye widen and he glances at Harvey.

"It's a long story Jimbo just leave it at that." Harvey pleads. "Anyway we probably have a case so I'll find a place for her to stay while we get to work."