"I've been in love with V for my whole life." Zen jumped, and his heart rate sped up. "I... never allowed myself to even have a slight romantic connection to anyone else, so a few weeks ago... I'm sorry if I was rude. I didn't mean to treat you that way, you didn't deserve that." Zen's eyes were glued to Jumin.

"When you get out of the hospital, I'd like to start over with you. I know I don't deserve it..." Zen's heart was beating fast. The incessant beeping tone would have been annoying if it hadn't signified his life. Jumin looked up at the monitor. The spikes of the line... he finally made eye contact with Zen.

To Jumin's surprise, his cheeks were pink. Zen was nodding, the crinkles by his eyes showing a genuine smile. Jumin tried to smile back. "I know it'll be hard, you know too. Your fame, my father's business. We'll work it out." He paused. "Just don't get into any more motorcycle accidents." Zen grinned weakly. "Seriously, how did you even manage to do this? No wait, don't answer. Get some rest. I'll be back tomorrow if you want." Zen nodded. Jumin sighed, smiled, then leaned forward and placed the lightest kiss on Zen's forehead.

In his head, he said Goodbye.

Driver Kim was waiting in the parking lot

Driver Kim was waiting in the parking lot. "Where to now?" Jumin pulled his laptop into his lap and rubbed his forehead.

"Office supply, please. I have several documents to print, so I might be a while." He hesitated before adding, "I'm afraid we have a long night ahead of us, Mr. Kim."

...

Jumin heart was beating too fast as he walked down the hallway, eyes set as he counted doors. He caught his reflection in a glass window and sighed. It'll do.

Rika was the one to open the door. Jumin tried not to show his surprise. "Rika, hi-"

"Jumin!" She threw herself into his chest, hugging him tightly. He was stiff, still holding his arms to his sides. "We've been so worried! V! Jumin's here! Oh, please come in, tell us where you've been."

Jumin stayed still. He smiled tightly. "Actually, I'm sorry Rika, I just have something I need to tell  V. I'm afraid I can't stay."

V suddenly rushed around the corner, and Jumin felt his heart lurch. V looked awful. It wasn't anything in particular really, he just looked exhausted. Hey, the two of them had matching under eye circles. Vs lips were bleeding, which was alarming, but Jumin knew that it was a result of his habit of biting them when he was stressed. If Jumin had looked, he knew that V's fingernails would also be ragged, maybe his nailbeds would be bleeding. Jumin kept his face composed as V swept forward and wrapped his arms around him, shoulders shaking. Jumin clenched his teeth, the pain ricocheting down his spine and zipping through his nerve endings. His best friend's breath was stale with coffee, but his clothes still smelled the same, like watered down mojitos and cactus flowers.

"I was so worried, you idiot. Why the hell did you do that? I've been... please, don't do that again." Jumin nodded into V's shaking shoulders, then stepped back, not meeting V's eyes.