epilogue.

╭──────── ❦ ────────╮

‘Cause baby you look happier, you do,
I knew one day you’d fall for someone new,
But if he breaks your heart like lovers do,
Just know that I’ll be waiting here for you.

╰──────── ❦ ────────╯

────────────────

────────────────

"Betty, listen to me."
Archie clutched the girls hands in on one swift motion, cutting her off.
"I need you with me. We're gonna fix this, but I can't do this alone. Right now, I need you with me. I need Betty Cooper,"
he pleaded her, wishing she would just stop worrying and see the bigger picture for a second.

He gazed at her - skin glowing from the moonlight that filtered through the windscreen and bounced off her face. Her eyes were wide with worry, the blue colour locked upon his brown ones. Her lips, slightly parted and pink, complimented her perfectly. There, in that moment, with the moonlight turning wisps of her hair silver, and her face only inches from his, she was
truly beautiful.

Perhaps it was the exhilaratingly fast pace of her heart, or maybe it was the lack of distance between the pair, but when Betty next spoke, her words rushed out with a breathless air of urgency.
"Arch..."

Then, before either of them fully understood what they were doing, the distance between them grew smaller, right until their chests were pressed against their intertwined hands. Their lips met, and in that moment, time was frozen. It was as if ten years of friendship had built up and led to this moment, the moment that changed everything.

The moment was perfect, despite their current circumstances. But what neither of them knew, was that a flame-haired troublemaker, much like the devil himself, was watching intently through the window. A smirk tugged at her lip as she thought of all the chaos that could be caused by the spreading of this rumour.

────────────────

────────────────