Saving Hannibal

Note: This chapter does contain spoilers for season 2 episode 5 Mukozuke.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade was rather surprised when she showed up at the pool Hannibal frequented and was greeted by the smell of blood. She stood with her eyes closed just outside an archway, where the scent of blood was the strongest. She savored the familiar coppery scent, and felt her fangs grow in response. Normally she’d suppress them, but she didn’t really plan on showing herself so she didn’t feel the need. Opening her eyes again she quietly slid through the archway, and behind the nearest pillar. Looking around the pillar she was surprised by what she saw before her, even more surprised than she had been by the smell of blood in the first place. She had expected to see Hannibal with a victim. Instead she was greeted by the sight of Hannibal as someone else’s victim. He was tottering precariously on a bucket, his arms spread out, and a noose tied around his throat.  The blood in question was coming from Hannibal’s own forearms. She assumed it was the man standing before Hannibal that was responsible.

Jade had to admit, the sight of Hannibal strung up and bleeding like that kindled such contradicting feelings. She wasn’t sure if she should help Hannibal, help the guy trying to hurt Hannibal, or just kill them both. And honestly she was a bit aroused too.  But her small sliver of humanity was winning. Plus the idea of someone else, hurting someone she had come to think of as hers , her plaything, pissed her off to no end. Jade was very territorial, and right now this half dressed man was messing with her possession. The very thought caused a growl to rumble up from deep inside her chest.

Stepping out from behind the pillar she was aware Hannibal noticed her moving in the background. Giving him a fanged smile she placed her finger to her lips in a hush motion, before silently moving closer.

“You know, Hannibal,” she drawled, purposefully drawing attention to herself. “When I followed you here I was a bit taken aback by the smell of blood. So I followed the smell, hoping beyond hope to find you doing what you do best, because we both know that gets me off...” she trailed off and sensually ran her hands down her body. She looked both teasing and a lustful.

“You two know each other?” the man before Hannibal asked.

Jade just ignored him.

“But I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised to see this,” she indicated the scene before her. Taking a few steps closer she looked back and forth between the two.

“Normally I would enjoy something so delicious,” she licked her lips. “But I have to put those feelings aside. As much as I would have liked to stay out of this, and just wait for someone else to show up, I can't do that.”

“Why is that?” the man asked.

This time Jade did not ignore him. “Well, because you are playing with my toy. Frankly, I can’t take the risk that someone won’t show up in time,” she said as she bared her fangs.

She wasn’t at all surprised when the man lifted his gun and shot her. Flinching she took a step back. Then a noise caught her ears.

“Looks like help is on the way, too bad they are too late,” she growled.

In a flash she was behind the man, twisting the arm that held the gun, forcing him to drop it. She then bit into the guy’s neck, drawing as much blood as she would need to close her wound, before removing herself from him. After licking the marks on his neck closed she snapped his neck. She made it into the shadows just as Jack came running around the corner, his gun held high.

She wished she had more time to actually leave the area, but the gunshot had caused Jack to come running. Her normal methods used fire to transport her and they would surely notice that. Neither could she just slip past them, not while she was bleeding. Speaking of bleeding, she looked down to her gunshot. When she had been shot it hadn’t been hard to ignore it as her mind was on killing the guy, but now that she was standing still it started to sting a little. She was glad it had hit her in the stomach, and not somewhere higher. Not that it would have killed her if it had, but it would have made this situation even harder.Biting her tongue to keep from making noise she dug her fingers into the wound until her nail scraped the bullet. She started to dig it out, but to her dismay something between a growl and a yelp escaped her lips.

“What was that?” Jack asked.

She froze. Fuck. Had he heard her? That was a stupid question, clearly he had. God why were they still here? Shouldn’t they have taken Hannibal to the hospital by now?

“I will go check it out,” a female voice said.

Jade had a moment of panic before she heard a noise, followed by Jack saying something. Hannibal must have diverted the attention back to him. Not wanting to risk getting caught she buckled down and quickly pulled the bullet out of her stomach. Biting back her groans of pain she did her best to silently make her way out of the room.

Once out of the building she stopped for a moment. She hated getting shot. Digging out the bullet always caused her to bleed more, but leaving it in allows her body to heal around the bullet, and that was never fun. It was moments like this where she wished her self healing didn’t revolve around blood, but she had taken enough from the guy that she would be healed shortly. Figuring now would be a good time to call it a night she made her way home. To think this night had started out with such promise. Like the chance to catch Hannibal in something other than his normal suit, which she still got to do anyways, but she hadn’t been expecting the blood.

If this was how things normally went for these two boys, Hannibal being strung up, and Will in jail for murders, she had a feeling things were going to be very interesting.