CH. 7: Periods 2 and 3

Micah's POV

"Micah," He whispers.

I uncover his eyes and he turns around and faces me. The smile on both our faces couldn't get any bigger.

"When- how- who- what are you doing here?" I let out a small laugh. "An hour before puck drop I arrived. I decided last night. A car, duh. Ottenbreit knew. I came to see you. I've been a real nightmare lately. I am so incredibly sorry, Mat. I hate myself for making such a big mess of your life. Of everyone's life. I wish I-" He holds his pointer finger up to my lips, shushing me.

"you aren't a nightmare, Micah. Nor are you a monster. you're far from being either of those things. you're amazing." I look down at my feet.

He takes my chin in his soft hand and tilts my head up. I look into his dark brown irises. I hadn't notice until now that we had grown closer. So much closer in fact that if one of us were to lean in, even in the slightest, our lips would touch. Oh how every bone in my body ached, screaming at me to just lean forward. This is a pain I welcome. A pain I embrace.

I take my chance, I lean forward. My eyes close right as his do. This is it, I'm finally going to kiss him.

I can feel his shaky breath on my lips, and that alone is enough to send my mind and body into a frenzy.

His lips meet mine and it was as if all the air in my body was knocked out of me.

We pull apart, and I guess I was wrong. The smiles on both our faces could get bigger.

Mat's POV

we pull back and I just look at her. she's so fucking beautiful.
"Wow," I'm the first to speak.
"Wow yourself" this makes me smile.

I'm about the speak when Turner (ottenbreit) and the team come barging out of the locker rooms; heading to the ice for 2nd period.

Ottenbreit hangs back and waits for them to be near the end of the tunnel.

"Come on Lover Boy," he singsongs.

Micah's cheeks turn a bright shade of crimson and she looks down at her feet.

Again, I take my hand and gently place it under her chin, looking into her hazel eyes. I then study the rest of her face. We stay like that for a couple more seconds.

I smile and lean down, lightly placing my here, just briefly, no more than a second. I pull away and turn around, walking to catch up with Turner.

I briefly stop, tilting my head upwards slightly, and shout, "You'll be the death of me I swear!"

Turner chuckles and we head into the ice.

I can picture her still standing there. Biting her lips to keep from smiling. Her eyes half way closed.

And I'm content.

Micah's POV

Not much happened during the second period. Turner got into yet another fight. Damn defensemen I swear. The score was now 3-2, thanks to goals scored by Mat and Jared Tyska.

During intermission, I head to the tunnel, Mat already there waiting for me.

"You shouldn't be back here you know, I could call security and you'd get kicked out." He smirks.

"Fine. I'll just go get some more poutine. " I act hurt, starting to walk away.

"Nooo. Don't leave me. I'm sorry babe." He grabs my wrist and gently pulls me back to him. Wrapping his arms around my body and engulfing me into a sweaty hug.