CH. 5: Day 1

Mathew's POV

At first I didn't realize what she was doing, it wasn't until the next afternoon and I was making lunch that I realized she wasn't speaking to me.

For the time being, she's locked herself in the guest room, her room. Before I enter, I knock. ¨Micah? I've got lunch.¨ no response. I knock again, nothing. The third time I go to knock, I decide against it and waltz right in, Micah doing nothing more than staring at the wall. She looks at me for a brief second before gesturing to her nightstand, turning to face the wall again. I walk over and set down the tray, I turn to head out of her room when I go and sit on her bed instead. "I'm sorry." nothing.

She just looks at me, more of a mere glance, and turns to face the wall again.

"Fine! You know, I'm just trying to help you! I took you in, I've given you food, I've been kind, I saved you from your dad. What more could you want, micah? really, because I'd really like to fucking know!"

Micah's POV

SLAM! Shit. what have I done. Great job idiot, any chance with him and you blew it. I start feeling extremely hungry, I look at what he's made. Fettuccine alfredo, my favourite, I told him the other day. This brings a smile to my lips. Once I finish, I find a piece of paper and a pen. That's all he's getting, nothing more. I bring the tray out and set the dishes in the sink, he's asleep on the couch.

Mathew's POV

Why does she have to be like that I mean I'm just trying to help her. I didn't let him take her, did I? No, damn and to think I thought she kinda liked me.

Soon, after eating lunch my eyelids grow heavy and before I know it I'm asleep...

*SKIP A BIT*

Once I've found myself awake, I go and put my dishes in the sink. I see that Micah's come out of her room and put her dishes there too, and beside the sink I see a note. Thanks, Micah. A smile finds its way to my lips. maybe there's hope after all... 

Word Count: 375

Total Word Count: 4597

Date Published: 11.04.17

.

.

.

THESE UPDATES ARE SO FAR APART AND IM SO SORRY FOR IT

It's a bit hard to focus on fanfiction in between working on failing grades and my mental health... hopefully you all understand that I'm trying to update as frequently as possible but until things calm down a bit you'll all be receiving updates every few weeks.... i know its been 2 months since the last update and hopefully I'll update once a week, again no promises and thanks for waiting :) - Lonah