One - They Gonna Clean Up Your Looks

Start from the beginning

Patrick rolled his eyes and Brendon chuckled quietly, as Patrick and I turned back to the front. The boy beside me opened his sketchbook, flipping through the pages until he got to a clean one. He looked up at the board, where 'me, myself and I' was written in messy handwriting, and some tasks were written underneath that. Someone cleared their throat to my right, and I looked around to see the goddamn teacher again. Although, he did have the most amazing hazel eyes, seriously...

"Get on with your work, Iero. Don't make me have to give you detention on your first day." He said in a low voice.

"Believe it or not, Sir, you're not the only one who's threatened me with detention today." I retorted, licking my lips.

He snorted, looking me over again. "Yeah, I can see why."

He went back to the front of the classroom, and I rolled my eyes, starting to draw. I sucked at art, but hey, I could draw a mean Frankenstein's monster. So that's what I drew, concentrating on it for the entire lesson. When the bell sounded, I gathered up my stuff, along with the rest of the class, and I made my way over to the door.

"Frank! Could you stay behind for a minute, please?" Mr Way called, and I groaned.

"But Sir -"

"Now."

I went to the front of the class, leaning against the front desks while the remaining students filtered out. He sat behind his desk, the end of a pencil in his mouth, and he looked at me. He was not only wearing the tightest pants imaginable, but he was also wearing a leather jacket and a faded Misfits shirt. If he didn't have a grumpy-ass attitude, he might just be cool.

"Why were you late?" He asked, pointing the pencil at me.

"I got distracted, some hot jock came along and we fucked in the locker rooms. Sorry about that, I'll try and make it quicker next time." I bit my lip.

He rolled his eyes, not even scolding me for my choice of words. "Yeah, something tells me that's not quite the truth."

I batted my eyelashes, though I didn't quite know why I was trying to flirt with my art teacher, of all people. "But Mr Way, why don't you believe me?"

He smirked. "Your first day, and you're already trying to sweet-talk your teachers."

"Not all of them, Mr Way." I twirled a strand of my hair around one of my fingers. "Just you."

"Just tell me the truth, Frank." I rolled my eyes and dropped the act.

"I'm new." I deadpanned. "I got lost."

His eyebrows rose. "Where'd you come from?"

"Music."

"No, I meant the school."

"Pencey Prep."

"Wow, downgrade."

I snorted, crossing one foot in front of the other. "Thanks."

"Why'd you move?"

"What's this, twenty questions?"

"Just taking an interest in my new student." He smirked, and I almost found myself smiling. Almost.

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough; my mom already told the Principal, I'm surprised it's not been made into a radio broadcast by now."

His head tilted to the side a little, and he brushed his hair from his face. I searched his hands for some kind of ring, but couldn't see one. Good. Bonus. "Something bad, then?"