FLOWER GIRL: R.L

You were a muggle. 

Or so Remus thought at first. 

You worked in your older sister's flower shops during the summer. It was not a job you were planning on carrying in the long run, but there was always something to learn from it. You wanted to be a Auror, or a Herbiologist. You did not know which of the two of them. 

The first time you saw the young wizard when was he came in with three other of his friends. James Potter wanted to buy some flowers for Lilly, so he dragged all of his friends to the small flower shop. 

You leant quietly on the top of the banister, watching the cars go by. You were mumbling a few spells, remaining yourself of them for later on in the year. What broke your train of thoughts was the bell of the door, signaling the arrival of the Marauders. The warm air entered inside the shop, combined with the laughs of the boys. 

Remus followed his friends, but stopped slightly when he saw you. He seemed to be stopped by your beauty. James noticed this, and pulled his werewolf friend closer to the group. 

Sirius walked up proudly to you. "Hello, beautiful. What flower could be more beautiful than you?" Sirius asked her, giving her a smile. 

You laughed, shaking your head. "Hello. How can I help you?" You asked them, not looking at Sirius. You looked at the tallest boy, Remus Lupin. A small blush creeping up your cheeks as you noticed him. You turned back to the other boys in the shop. 

"Umm...I am trying to impress a girl-" James started but was cut off by Sirius. 

"You see he is in love with somebody and he wants to give her some flowers." Sirius cut him off. James looked at him and then back at the girl. 

"What is the occasion? Anniversa-" 

"Not yet." Sirius said, cutting the girl off. 

Remus sighed, stepping up in front of his friends and looking at the girl. "My friend James here wants to impress the girl he has had a crus on for the past four years or so." Remus told you. He looked at your y/c/e eyes. You blushed slightly, nodding at him. "Um...her name is Lilly." He quickly added. 

"Well...I wouldn't recommend given her lillies since they are normally associated with funeral flowers and you don't want to impress that. I wouldn't recommend roses because they are cliches, but if you want to you can. However, I think you should bring her some red tulips, they are not commonly used, which shows how you have taken the time to think outside the box to impress her....which shows your input." You explained, looking at the group. "Or you can pick something else." 

"All girls like roses." Sirius told James. "They represent the passion between two people." Sirius told James before giving him kissing faces. The boy with the glasses pushed him off. Sirius turned to you. "Wouldn't you agree?" Sirius asked you. 

You rolled you eyes at him. "Did you even heard a word she said?" Remus asked Sirius from where he was standing. 

"And you did? You were staring at her." Sirius replied to him. Remus's cheeks turned bright red. 

You leant to the boy with glasses. "So, which flowers will you like for Lilly?" You asked him. 

The boy smiled at her. "Red Tulips." He told her. "I hope she likes them." He told her. 

"Oh, she will." You told him before leaving to do the arrangement. You could heard the group of friends bickering in the background as you worked on the flowers. 

"I'm sorry about my friend. Sirius." A voice behind you said. You looked over your shoulder, seeing  the tallest of the group of friends at the other side of the counter. You smiled at him. "He tends to flirt with any girl he sees." Remus told her. 

You smirked at him. "Do you do the same?" You asked him. Remus shook his head, giving the girl a smile. You laughed, watching him as he made a grin. "Really?" You asked him. 

"Just the really pretty ones." Remus told you. 

You shook your head as you walked to the wrapping paper. Remus followed you watching how you did it. "What your favorite flower?" Remus asked you. 

You shrugged. "I don't know. I love tulips a lot though." You told him, finishing wrapping it. You set up the flowers next to cashier and wrote in a piece of paper your home phone. You passed it to Remus with a small smile. "My name is y/n by the way. Feel free to call me. Or come here and ask me some questions about flowers. Because-" 

"y/n! I need your help with this mandrake." You heard your sister call. You swore lightly, turning to the boys. "Umm 

"Did she say mandrake?" Remus asked the girl. 

The girl shook her head. "Nope. Umm...here is this." You told, giving James the flowers. James passed you the money, which you accepted. As you were about to say goodbye your sister yelled again. 

"I am not herbiologist! This is what I get with dealing with wizards! I should have stayed with zoologist! Magical creatures are more decent than this!" You sister yelled louder. You covered your face in your hands for a brief moment. 

"We got clients!" You yelled back at her. 

"What type?" Your sister yelled back at you. 

You sighed, turning to look at Remus and his friends. "Sorry, my sister is a little loony. She thinks she is a wizard sometimes." You told them. 

Your sister walked inside the room, looking at the group of boys. "Hello, welcome to the shop." 

"You should be wearing earplugs when you deal with a mandrake." Remus told your sister. You looked at him with a curious look. "So, you know how to handle sniffers?" Remus asked you. You opened your mouth, but soon closed it. Remus gave you a wink as he followed his friends out of the shop. "Thank you. See around." Remus said before closing the door behind him. 

You noticed a piece of paper on the counter. You read the cursive handwriting.

Thanks for the help. I will see you around in Hogwarts. 

P.S I am a wizard too. 

-Remus Lupin. 

You smiled to yourself, now with the news that the boy you just saw attended the same wizard school.