1

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!

*****

"I've found a reason for me, To change who I used to be, A reason to start over new, And the reason is you."

****

"The names Mr. Hayden. But you all can call me Eric." My eyes transfixed on the man before me. I averted my eyes to the people around me, seeing all of their faces lit up. 

"Let's begin the dreaded introductions!" Groans could be heard throughout the room. I watched as his eyes scanned over the room, finally landing on me. Did he recognize me?  

"Would you mind handing these out for me?" I could feel the heat begin rising to my cheeks. Of course he wouldn't want to have a conversation with a nerdy girl like myself. I may be twenty-one, but I still have the whole high school nerd façade going on. 

"Sure thing." I mumble, grabbing the papers from his hand. I sighed, and got up. The class wasn't as big as I had originally imagined. I had heard that college classrooms were huge. There wasn't but around thirty people in here. I turned back around to see Mr. Hayden still staring at me. It wasn't creeping me out because he was basically a God, but I wondered why he was still looking at me. Was my hair sticking out everywhere? Did I have a stain on my pants? I placed the papers on each desk and when I was done, handed the papers back to Mr. Hayden.

"I'm not even going to try and get their attention." I chuckled.

"I wouldn't either. They act like they want to kill you every time you talk to them."

"Tell me about it." He smiled, sighing loudly.

"This wasn't at all how I imagined my first day teaching to be." I smiled, tapping my fingers on my desk. I hadn't realized he was standing quite close to me. I shifted my position and folded my arms across my chest.

"Don't worry, you have plenty more." He laughed. I can't believe I made a man like him laugh.

"You seem like you have a good sense of humor, I have a feeling I'll like you." 

"That I do." I reply, sitting back down and pulling my purse onto the desk. 

"Oh gosh! Not you too!" I give him a funny look, wondering what in the world was going through his head.

"What? Can't a girl dig through her purse for some chapstick?" He let out a laugh. 

"I thought you were going to be one of those girls." I titled my head. 

"What exactly are those girls?" I say and make quotes with my hands around the word those.

"The ones that feel the need to re-apply their lipstick and mascara every ten seconds." I laughed; I was definitely not one of those girls. 

"Oh so you mean like 90 percent of this classroom?" A grin spread across his face. And God was it breathtaking. I took that time to study his face. He had blue grey eyes and jet black hair that reached the nape of his neck. It was the perfect length for you to run your fingers though. 

"Great. One less thing I have to worry about." The sound of the bell aborted our conversation, making it almost painful for me to go. This was honestly the first, almost full conversation I've ever had with a guy besides my dad. 

"Yeah.. Umm, see you tomorrow?" He nodded and gave a smile before shouting out to the class. 

"Be prepared to get down tomorrow!" Half of the class just waved him off, as I laughed. 

"Don't worry sir, I'm always prepared!" Without another word, I dashed from the classroom.  I guess having his class at the end of the day could have its advantages. I couldn't forget that I had him twice. But those classes didn't begin until tomorrow. Every Tuesday and Thursday, we would have different classes and I was lucky to have him both of those days.

I was more than  ready for a night out and the only person I could spend it with was lazy. I loved Lyne, but she didn't want to do anything with me except for lay around the house and watch movies. Not that it wasn't fun, because it was, but I would love to go out sometimes with her. I collapsed on my bed, pushing a hand through my long, brown hair. What should I do now?

I rolled over onto my stomach and tucked my hand under my pillow. I figured since I couldn't do anything else, I might as well sleep. 

*************