∘TWO

CHAPTER TWO → OBLIVIOUS

CHAPTER TWO OBLIVIOUS

Jane's eyes drift from her frozen dinner, across the dinner table and eventually meet her father's eyes. He smiles warmly, and points his fork towards her, with a single pea poked through one of the prongs.

"You know, today I had to arrest somebody again. Another rape." He informs her in a firm voice, a warning almost. She sighs, clutching her chest.

"Thats terrible, is the girl okay?" She whole heartedly replies, the muscles in her face softening.

"She's fine, but naturally, she's traumatised. This is why I don't trust no Hawkin's boy for my girl." The chief warns, stirring his fork around, before shoving it into his mouth. She throws her head back with a groan.

"Dad seriously" She huffs, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Jane, the boys here a trash." He tells her knowingly, leaning forward, with his arms crossed. She reluctantly looks back up at him, and he scruffs her mop of curls. She grins with a small giggle, shaking her head.

After dinner, Jane now lays with her back on her bed, while staring at the ceiling above her, of the small cabin, hidden within the forest, secluding it from anything other than birds, squirrels and trees. She eventually drifts into a shallow sleep, still stirring around.

Mike walks up to me, smiling. So cute. He grabs both my hands, his dreamy eyes staring into my own. We are at a dance, and I wear a pretty pink gown. He twirls me around, and I giggle, flicking my hair over my shoulders. His hands guid mine to rest on his shoulders, and he settles his around my waist. We sway slowly to the music, our eyes not breaking eye contact. Without warning, he slowly shifts his face closer, our lips connecting-

"Jane! Time to get up for school!"

The curly haired girl quickly shoots up from her bed, eyes wide, and face heating up. She covers her mouth, and almost chokes, the thought of her dreaming about Mike Wheeler?

She runs her fingertips through her crazy locks, leaving track marks. She huffs a breath, balling her fists and grabbing her sheets, knowing she has to face him again today...to give him gum.

*

Jane opens her locker reluctantly, rolling her eyes, and throwing her back inside the small metal compartment, and retrieving the correct books for her english class.

Just as she is about to shut her locker once again, her vision is captured by a bright yellow sticky note, that somebody had obviously slid into her locker. She grabs it hastily, fixing her eyes on the words.