He checked the message and hissed a bit throwing the phone next to him on the couch,

I really didn't mean to but I had to peep a little and from what I observed the message was from Hannan.... HANNAH!

Does this mean that she is still pestering ya Mahmud, wow I would hate to be in her position, running after a man that Hates me so much.

"Is it something you want to talk about?" I said carefully pretending not to see who the message was from.

"Ohh no...its not important, let's pray and get ready we have reservations for 8:00PM" he said before raising to his feet and stretched out his arm and I held it as we mover deeper into the house.

I trust my husband so much but I can't help but think about Hannan as I kept pondering over what was written in the message which clearly had love written on it although I didn't get to read it. The feeling of jealosy kept boiling down through the depths of my heart, "Mahmud is mine" i kept muttering over and over but all  I could do was pray that Allah protects my husband from the evils of this Dunya.

I applied a few touches to my makeup after praying and picked up a matching veil and a gold clutch bag walking out of my room to meet him at the living room where he had been waiting for a while.

"Finally" he muttered when he saw me coming,

"Wait! Where do you think you are going to dressed like that" he stated pointing at my outfit, as I was still wearing the fitted dress I had on earlier.

I pleaded but he wouldn't listen saying my curves were out in the open and spent about thirty minutes listening to a few chapters of his "married woman" manual which I am still adapting to.

He dragged me to my own closet insisting that he would pick the perfect outfit for me, after a few minutes of searching he brought out a lilac bubu gown which I had no choice but to change into.

"You look beautiful in whatever you put on" he passed an encouraging comment kissing me on the chick before living the room for me to get ready,

I quickly changed and walked outside to the car were he was seated,

"So, where are you taking me" my curiosity got the better of me

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you" he answered with an unreadable expression.

We arrived at some sort of garden which had a few tables and was heavily decorated, the smell of flowered and that of the food made it unique and I have to admit I was entranced,

We were shown to our table which had other people already seated there, I moved further only to realise that it was a double date with the would be bride and groom,

As soon as she saw me she stood up and gave me a rib crushing hug but then it didn't matter as I felt the same way. I sat down teasing Amin while he just smiled avoiding my gaze.

It was a beautiful night and the Moroccan dishes were exquisite but they had to leave early as Mamie had instructed and had only agreed because ya Mahmud said we would be their chaperones. 

As soon as they left a bottle of non alcoholic whine was brought to out table and a large piece of semolina cake,

"It seems the dinner isn't over" I squealed happily making him laugh.

"I am sorry" he muttered calmly staring deep into my eyes,

"What for" I asked surprisingly,

"For taking everything out on you, you were also a victim of this marriage which as turned out to be a blessing, I am sorry for making it so hard for you to love me, I am sorry for all the times I made you cry and for my silly tantrums, I am sorry for what I put you through, ruining your moments, misunderstanding you...I was a fool back then, I couldn't see what was right in front of me" he paused looking away from my eyes,

"Do you think you can ever forgive me and love me just the way I am" he asked holding my hands even tighter,

"I...I love you Mahmud... I love you" I said kissing the back of his hands.

The shock on his face was pronounced as I was saying those words to him for the first time, I was also surprised considering the fact that it takes all of him to say a single sorry.

I have wanted to tell him how I felt but I couldn't find the perfect time and I really didn't know how to say it, but it wasn't really as hard as I thought,

I was deep in thoughts when he came really close stealing a kiss and for the first time I didn't hold back...kissing under the stars.

√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√

Dedicated to @aminabmusa, this chapter is for you sister, I thought Hannan had been kidnapped or something Ashe tana nan tana fama. Like the Hausa people will say "San maso wani...."