21

.^^ Madeline DuPont, in Battle ^^

— Idun —

The Mob of Mayhem, as it had been repeatedly, and enthusiastically, called, was nothing more than a Battle Royal, with four teams of four each.

That said, it was also likely to be the most challenging fight of the night, before the finals, as these others had also earned the right to be here, in the semi-finals.

I watched from the Pits, (the locker room complex beneath the stadium,) and then looked at Eliza. "So who do you want?"

She hummed, and sighed. "I don't actually think we'll find any weak ones, here."

"What about the strongest, then? They're going to advance anyway, why not with us? Maybe even have a chance to double-cross them." I shrugged shamelessly.

She smirked. "You're evil... I like it."

I spotted the #15, and waved, grinning.

She walked over, talking quietly to a boy walking closely behind her, and then smiled at me. "Idun! And Eliza! Wonderful to see you in the Semi's! That was a very nice Draw, it was, wasn't it, Sir Trevor?" She asked the boy.

He nodded seriously. "It was well-fought. I would like to extend an invitation to fight with me in the Semi-Finals."

Madeline smacked his chest casually. "Dear, you can't just blatantly ask such things-"

"I accept." I interrupted casually.

"-excuse me?"

"I accept. We were just looking for the strongest people to join our team. You're going to advance anyway. I'd like you to be on my team, not against me, just like Eliza." I said clearly, and smiled.

She laughed softly. "Astute... Alright, well, I agree that you would make fine allies...  and worse enemies. You'll be interesting to fight in the Finals."

"Good to hear it. Now let's see if we can sabotage the competition." I shrugged, and cracked my neck, walking off into the crowd.

"You're not... going to stop her?!?" Eliza asked, confused.

"There's no rule against sabotage, so long as it isn't lethal. Only 5 rules, remember?" Madeline chuckled, and followed me.

I bumped a Halfling roughly, slamming his face into a bowl of foul-smelling magical concoction, and then moved, letting him come face-to-face with someone I didn't recognize, a boy from third year, from his apparent age.

The resulting scuffle spread quickly, then contained itself, so I moved on.

"Very well done..." Madeline nodded.

"Thank you." I nodded, tripping someone else holding a glass of something glowing and Blue.

He yelped and screamed as the blue liquid burned his hands. I hissed softly, and froze them. "That should help while you get to the paramedics, my friend, so sorry about that." I nodded and walked away, humming a tune.

Madeline laughed and slapped a buff boy on the ass, moving a smaller man behind him when he reared around, and growled threateningly.

"Ouch. Rough call..." I chuckled, amused.

"And burning that guy wasn't?"

"I actually thought it'd freeze him, ya know... because it was blue." I answered honestly.

She shrugged. "Looks can be deceiving, sometimes." She said, as she whacked a smaller boy across the back of the head, and pointed at yet another Halfling when he snarled.