3

.^^ Halflings^^

— Idun —

The members of the group who'd introduced themselves took up positions around the edge of the room, while Glass stripped the long coat he'd been wearing, revealing what looked like thin chain mail, woven into his clothes, with thicker plates across his chest, forearms, and boots.

I whistled softly. "And I thought I was the only one who usually wore armor under my clothes. Nice."

He laughed. "Yeah, well, I pretty much constantly need it. Anyway, the professors should be arriving soon, so go ahead and warm up, so to speak, get your Ether flowing, so you can give the best showing you've got in you. This first impression is very important. Do your best, and nothing less."

I shrugged and began carefully stretching, sending Ether through my body as I did, readying myself for anything that came my way.

The rest of the group saw me, and decided to follow suit, except a few of the ones I didn't recognize, who sat to one side, talking.

The doors opened again, admitting three people, two of whom looked a lot like Glass, with the light brown/blonde Hair and Green Eyes, though they lacked the 'Shaggy Boy' look, and the third being Syral.

They strode into the center of the room with an easy air, and stopped next to Glass, gazing at him icily. "Let the Exam Begin, Blue One." One of them said simply, his tone deeper than it should have been, though I caught the gleam of Ether at his throat, and smirked at the knowledge that they were trying to impress us.

Glass nodded, and motioned to the giant, as well as the mind-reader, then turned to us. "Alright. Who's first?"

I sat down again on my seat, and watched as the Halfling stepped forward, cracking his knuckles. "I will, if you please."

Glass nodded. "Alright. All methods are allowed, so long as you make it past them, to the Professors. Begin."

The giant bowed, surprising me. "Jon of East Schuarzenwald! I'll be starting!"

I chuckled softly when he darted towards them as soon as the other Halfling nodded. He was surprisingly agile, dodging the icicles that grew out of the floor under his feet, and also managing to skirt around his giant opponent, who had thrown what looked like lava at him.

Just as I'd figured he wouldn't escape, he pulled Ether from the air, and created a wall of rocks between himself and his opponents, sprinting past them to reach the professors, who simply nodded, and went back to looking bored.

He grinned, as if he's won some prize, and sat down next to the giant, Mikhail, who patted his head roughly, and went back to standing at attention.

I smiled. 'I knew it, they're related in some way. They looked way too similar to be a coincidence.'

Glass nodded and called two more of his group forward, then looked at us. "Who's next?"

Only Jon had been successful, reaching the professors, so far. The rest had failed, even the ones who looked like they should already be going here.

I sat on my stool, and sighed when Glass himself stood in front of me, as the only one who hadn't fought. "Since you're the last one, you can choose the second combatant. Anyone in the room." He said, gesturing at the people around us.

I sighed, and quickly made a decision. "I'll take a shot at you and Mikhail. He seems like the best choice."

He nodded slowly. "Alright... Interesting choice. Mikhail?" The Halfling nodded, and stepped up to his side.