Chapter 3

Imelda was so stunned and shocked at what just happened. She looked at her family members who were all just as equally shocked. She couldn't have all the answers at this time. All she knew was that apparently Miguel and this girl had talked about his ancestors and especially her and Héctor. Hearing some of those things hurt her. Her and Hector. "D-do you think he resents us?" Hector asked quietly to Imelda. "Of course not!" Victoria chimed in. "They are just kids. Kids can be the most brutal when angered." Hector ran a hand down his bone made arm. Imelda looked at the family. "We must find Miguel. He could get hurt." The family all nodded.

Miguel ran and ran tears in his eyes. He couldn't believe what he had said to her. What she said to him. Sabrina was off crying in the abandoned museum of Ernesto De La Cruz. She slumped against the cold stone. 'How could he say that to me?' She thought to herself. She sniffled and stood up and taking a deep breath she decided to do something to hurt Miguel like he hurt her. What she didn't know was Miguel and she was going to the same spot. One for revenge. One for guidance.

As Sabrina got to the little set up for Hector Rivera she saw a door and quietly slipped over to it. Was it open? She walked in and saw no one there. She saw the guitar. The one she was going to hurt Miguel with. Not physically. She got up and took it from its resting position on the wall. Taking a deep breath she ran her fingers along the strings. Miguel had one just like this one. For some reason, he didn't want to play it. She huffed 'good memories.' She shook her head wiping the dust off the guitar. She lifted it high up into the air.

Right on time, Miguel walked in "No!!!" He yelled halting Sabrina she looked back "Sabrina!?" He yelled quite shocked. "Miguel." She spat at him bringing the guitar down. "Sabrina, why are you here? What are you doing with my great great grandfather's guitar?" "I am going to smash it!" She lifted it up again. Miguel ran over before it connected with the ground. Making it land on him. Just as the guitar hit him it like they fell through a gaping hole. All black in it. "Miguel?!" Sabrina yelled in his ear not knowing she was right next to him. "I am right here!" He yelled back at her. "Oh... sorry I didn't know."

Imelda heard people yelling in Hector's miniature museum the living Rivera family had put up for Hector. "Familia do you hear that?" Everyone listened close and heard Miguel and Sabrina. "Miguel?"

Miguel called "Help!!! Anyone!!" Sabrina closed her eyes "where are we?" "I think I have a very good idea but I can't confirm it." Sabrina was terrified by now. Soon figures walked over and that confirmed his fears/dreams. They were in the land of the dead. Meaning he would have to face his ancestors. Sabrina would face her's. This was bad. But how did they do it? They didn't play the guitar. 'You stole from the dead.'  The sentence rang clear in Miguel's head. "We stole from the dead..." he mumbled "Sabrina do you remember those dreams I told you about my ancestors and me being able to see them.. it wasn't a dream. It was real. We are in the Land of the Dead." He whispered quietly.

Imelda ran over to the window taking off her boot smashing the window to climb in. Sure enough, there was a large hole in the ground. Looking down inside was Miguel and Sabrina. Miguel saw the dark shadowed figure and spoke "ayuda por favor." Imelda leaned down grabbing Miguel's hand while Hector grabbed Sabrina. When Sabrina was pulled up she dusted herself off. Looking up to thank the person. Thinking Miguel was making things up now. But when she turned around to thank the person she screamed and jumped into Miguel's arms. Seeing all the skeletons and not real people.

"Sabrina...I told you this was real." Sabrina glared at him but was still in his arms. Rosita spoke, "its okay dearie we won't bite." Miguel laughed "yeah you only insulted my great great grandparents." Sabrina flew out his arms. Rolling her eyes at him "well to be fair you basically said you weren't going to stay with me for being pregnant." Soon everyone was looking at them. Other skeletons from other families. "Why don't we all go figure this out in private?" Imelda asked quite annoyed their privacy was being exposed.

Everyone agreed as they all began walking to the bridge to cross over. Sabrina ignored Miguel the whole time while Miguel stayed at the back with his family putting a large gap between him and his Sabrina. Sabrina felt so alone. Hector looked back seeing Miguel dragging on. He walked to the back "Miguel." He spoke quietly to him. "What?" Miguel responded "don't worry we will fix this. It will all be alright." Miguel shook his head "words can never be taken back." He replied shortly. Hector made an argh sound waving it off "no but they can be forgiven. After all look at Imelda and me." Miguel spoke, "but that's different."

When they crossed over Sabrina looked up lost for words. It was absolutely beautiful. The colors of all the buildings. She had stopped for a moment Miguel catching up to her. "Beautiful isn't it?" He asked quietly to her. She gave a half smile before looking at him and huffed quickly getting as far away from him as possible which was being right behind if not merely a step in front of Imelda.

Miguel sighed "well I didn't want to talk to you either!" He snapped at her which caused her to ignore him. Staying quiet as she walked behind Imelda. She was certainly going to stay away from Miguel now. Hector shook his head skull "ay yi yi. You can't just say anything you want to women Miguel. Especially when you are dealing with another woman like Mama Imelda." Miguel laughed "she doesn't get to be compared with Mama Imelda. She's lower than Dante!"

The family ignored the two children like they were just other deceased people. Not until they were had answers and were in the privacy of their own home would they get involved with the teenage drama. It certainly brought old memories of Imelda and Hector.