Chapter 10

Yazmen

"Ruby! Wake the hell up!" I whisper-yell, rushing out of bed to get dressed. Normally, Royals gave warning when they were to come but this time was different. I received no warning and no time to prepare. Anxiety floods my veins as I rush to get dressed.

Ruby's soft grumbles of disapproval fill my ears as I pull the comforter off of her bare legs. Her petite form curls into a ball at the top of our bed. Her blonde locks are sprawled all over the pillows and give the effect of drapes over the window.

"Ruby, sweetheart, we don't have time. The Royals are here." This instantly wakes her up. She's up and out of bed quicker than I was and her eyes are wide with fear. She looks quite shaken up, and as if she doesn't know what to do.

"Roy... Royals?" Her fright fills her voice. "But why are they here? Shouldn't they give you time to prepare?"

"Typically, yes, but today they decided against it, for reasons unknown. Get ready, love. I'll go greet them." I tell her, and pull my long, curly hair into a tight yet slightly messy bun. My baby hair curls frame my face, and I don't bother to spray them down. Let them be free, Yazmen.

Pulling formal pants onto my legs so early after I had woken up shouldn't be as hard as it is right now. It's almost as if my wolf is taking control of my body and is refusing to go down those stairs. I truly had no want in greeting the Royals like this, but I had no choice in the matter right now. Tucking my shirt into my fancy pants, I throw a grey blazer on to make me look extra formal.

Strolling down the stairs, not bothering with shoes, I'm met with what looks like the largest man I've ever seen. He has long bright white hair, blue eyes, freckles spanned across his cheeks. His shoulders seem as wide as my body is tall, but I know that that's insanely impossible. He looks as though he could kill you with the flick of his pinky. Not wanting to get on his bad side, I nod politely at him.

"Alpha Grace." A delicate yet strong voice fills my sensitive ears. "I'm sorry to have come on such short notice, leaving you no time to prepare. Alas, I've been alerted that there appears to be a white wolf in your territory. Am I correct?"

A tall, elegant woman steps out from behind the brute. Dark locks flow behind her, her eyes almost white in color. A slender white dress graces her luscious body and hugs her hips lovingly. A tall crown sits above her lovely face, the gold reflecting into her eyes. Her posture is like no other. She's graceful, elegant, and youthful yet wise and old at the same time.

The Queen just said your name, Yaz.

"Yes, your Majesty." My head nods on its own. "My mate was initiated into my pack as Luna last night and had no idea she was wolf. Following tradition, went into the deepest part of the forest, near the lake and let her soak in the light of the Goddess. Before I knew it, Ruby was making her way into the water, and eventually, her head was underneath.

Moments later, she would emerge, and she would not be in control, but her wolf. She told me this change was the first of many. After that, the wolf let Ruby take control and she was soon stricken with pain. Ruby began to shift. The pain was too unbearable and she fainted, but when she awoke there was a fully white wolf in my view."

My voice takes little effect on the Queen. Her head tilts to the side, her jaw sticking out like a knife. Her eyes close before she nods. She takes everything I've said in and thinks about it for a moment. Her light silver eyes flicker around the room as she draws in a breath.

"What was the wolf's name, Alpha Grace?"

"Wysteria, your Majesty."

The Queens' eyes widen as I give her the information. It looks as though tears well in her eyes before she quickly blinks them away. Her posture has changed, and she looks stiffer than ever. Her chest stopped moving, and I look that as an indication that she was holding her breath. The tears that welled in her eyes shortly before threatened to make a comeback.

Queens must remain strong.

"Might I meet the person walking the wolf?" She asks, her chin tilted upwards.

"Of course, your Highness. I'll bring her down-" I begin before she cuts me off.

"No, no. I'll go to her. Lead the way, child."

Before I lead the Queen up to our room, I mind-link Ruby, making sure everything is okay for us to come up.

'Ruby, are you ready?'

'Ready for what?'

'The Queen wants to meet you. Are you dressed?'

'Yes, I'm dressed.'

And with that, I lead the Queen upstairs to our bedroom. Her footsteps are quiet, surprisingly. Due to her tall stature, you would think you would hear something as she steps, yet you hear nothing. When we reach our room, I knock on the door just to be certain Ruby's ready. A soft 'come in' fills our ears and I open the double-doors.

The Queens breath gets caught in her throat as she sees Ruby. Her eyes widen to unimaginable amounts and she looks as though she might faint. Her labored breaths send chills down everyone's spine.

Why does Ruby have this effect on her?

"Leilani?" The Queens' voice fills the silence. "Why did your mate call you Ruby? Your name was given to you by a Royal, you should be grateful!" She sounds almost hurt.

Ruby looks at her silver eyes, then to me. She's put her hair up like mine, but more loose and messy. She's wearing a light pink dress and white pantyhose paired with black flats. Ruby looks at a loss for words until I give her slight nod. She's okay. She can do this.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

~~~

This is how I picture the queen. Angelina Jolie, but more modern yet more classicly old. She just has silver eyes and slightly darker hair. She's beautiful though.

I'm still looking for a name for Yazmen, I just don't like Yazmen anymore. I'll let you know if I find one. Thank you so much for reading!

HECK am I CoLd someone give me a blanket lol. I hope you like this chapter, and as always, don't forget to

Comment

Vote

and SHARE!