Chapter 7

Yazmen

    Ruby's eyes filled with light as she watches me take her beauty in. Just a month in and she already meant the world to me. I was ready to make her Luna, even if I hadn't marked her, nor mated her yet. I didn't need to mark her if I was already completely and totally in love with her.

It was fifteen minutes until eight, and I could tell Ruby was even the tiniest bit nervous. Her chest was rising and falling at a faster pace than normal, and I could hear that her heart was accelerated slightly.

"Ruby, my love." My voice fills her ears and she looks up at me. "You've no reason to worry, sweetheart. They're going to love you. I know because I love you. Trust me, okay?"

Realization of what I just told her hit me as I heard the sound of her heart pick up to an incredible rate. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes fluttered to the side as if she didn't know what to say. Before I can say anything to calm her heart, she simply nods her head, and looks back at me, holding her chin high.

"So what all do I need to do to be accepted into the pack?" She questions. She's still so curious about everything. It's as if she was a pup, fresh to the world.

"Okay, well first I'm going to introduce you to the pack as their Luna. I'm going to ask them if they accept you as their Luna, and wait for their reply. It's obviously going to be a yes. Then, as I take your hand and slice your palm, you're going to repeat a chant after me. Loud enough to where they can hear you without straining. After your blood drips into the vial, and they verbally accept you as their Luna, you're going to pick up the goblet with the clear-blue liquid and sip from it.

Normally, if you were a wolf, we would take you into the forest and take our first hunt together, as a complete pack, but considering the circumstances, I'll take you in the forest with a few of my most trusted warriors and let you soak in the light of the moon, and let the Goddess fully accept you as one of our own." The information I've just laid on her fills her head, and its as if you can physically see the gears in her head churning and taking in everything I've just said.

"Okay." She nods and calms herself. "I can do this."

"Alpha Yazmen, Luna. It's time" Darren, one of my head warriors tells us. I nod to him.

"Its go time, baby," I tell Ruby, and take her hand, leading her to a large balcony, keeping us high and keeping all of our pack members in our sights.

~

Stepping out onto the farthest part of the balcony, Ruby still a good distance behind me, I speak loudly, and clearly. "Family, friends. Dear members of my beloved pack. We've known that this time was coming for a long time, and I'm happy to say that the day is finally here. Today is the day you gain your Luna!" I call out, and there are loud cheers, whoops, and happy claps.

"Though tradition is one in our hearts, I'm pained to say that there will be no hunt tonight, as your Luna is not a wolf." Gasps are heard throughout the pack. "Your Luna, whom I've come to love in the short month I've known her, is a strong-willed human, who I hope will make you proud. Ruby, please step forth."

I step back and turn to face Ruby. Her eyes are closed momentarily before she takes a deep breath and walks my way. Power fills her step and radiates off of her. The tendrils of her loose hair flow around her as she walks. She's ready.

"Pack, this is the one to be your Luna," I say, gripping Ruby's hand in mine, and raising it high. "Her name is Ruby, and I love her dearly, and hope each and every one of you will get the chance to come to love her as I have. So what say you? Will you have her as your Luna?"

Choruses of yeses and whoops fill the air and pride fills my wolf. I lead Ruby over to the small table and take her left hand in my right, palm facing up. I pick up a small decorated dagger and hold it to her palm. "This is going to hurt, but I need you to stay strong and repeat after me, okay?" She nods, and takes a deep breath, steadying her nerves.

"On this night, I, your Luna to be..." I begin and wait for her to repeat. When she does, her voice is strong and soothing. I slowly slice the dagger into her hand. Her eyes close in discomfort, but she remains unmoved.

"Promise to protect you, guide you, and love you as no other would," I say, and she repeats again, her voice remains just as strong and soothing.

"I'll be the light when you are in dark,  the warmth when you feel frozen, and the shoulder to cry on when you feel unhappy," This time, her voice is louder than mine, and her eyes are no longer closed. The dagger has finished slicing her palm, and blood wells in her hand.

"I'm your Luna." She says immediately after me, and I tilt her blood filled hand, and her blood pours into the vial. A sudden, soft wind blows and undoes Ruby's hair. Soft ringlets now flow in the wind, and power flows off of her in waves, and everyone in the pack kneels and bows their head.

I hand Ruby the clear-blue liquid, and she sips it slowly. For a moment, as connections with everyone in the back form, she wobbles, and I sense that she's dizzy, so I  take the goblet and hold her steady.

"I'm okay now." Her soft whisper fills my ears. I smile and kiss the palm of her hand. The newly formed bonds have healed her small slice, and I can tell she feels giddy.

"Friends, family! Tonight is a night of newly formed love, and connection. Tonight you celebrate! Tomorrow, you may get to know your new Luna!" I call loudly and pull Ruby to my side. Cheers fill the air and Ruby looks so happy she might cry.

Darren escorts us to the back of the house, where the rest of the warriors are waiting. Lydia, one of the female warriors has an outfit ready for Ruby and her moon soaking. Lydia hands Ruby a lace tank-top belly shirt, and a pair of shorts with a flowy sheer vail trailing down.

Ruby heads to the bathroom on the bottom floor and quickly changes into the new attire, and comes back out, even more beautiful than the last time I saw her.

We've been escorted to the center of the forest, and Ruby takes off the jacket I'd recently lent her, and steps in front of the small lake. She takes off her shoes and unclips the sheer, flowy skirt and steps towards the water.

With her arms outstretched, and her head tilted back, she slowly makes her way into the water and eventually gets so deep that she's up to her shoulders. Normally, I'd let her do as she'd please, but it seems like its getting dangerous.

"Ruby, sweetheart, please come back near the shallow," I call out.

"In a moment, this just feels so right!" She says, she lays back and dips her head into the water. She keeps lowering herself until her nose is under water, and I begin to head towards the water myself. Just as I'm about to step in the water, she shoots up and looks at me.

Her eyes are glowing white, and she has something wolfy about her.

~~~

EEEEEEEKKK! UPDATE! I'm sorry this took forever I just never had the motivation. It's like 3:35 AM as I'm writing this and Idk I just felt super inspired and motivated. ANNNYYYWAAAAY I hope you like it. CLIFFHANGER, ALSO! MUHAHAHAHA

Also, I don't know if you know but the name and cover of this story is likely changing soon. Please be aware. The new name will be "Luna Bond"

ALSO ALSO! THIS STORY HAS 28.7k VIEWS AND ONLY 7 NOW CHAPTERS. WHAT?! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Love always, the kween of wolfies, Kenzie(aka tatas101)