114

okay midnight thoughts bailey here

sometimes i see artists looking back on their old art and they're like 'ew so cringy why did i ever draw this' and i get kinda sad because it looks like mine

except then they're like 'yeah i drew this back when i was like..' and say something close to my age and it's really reassuring for some reason?

idk it just makes me happy that i'll get better and if i stick with it (which i will) then maybe i'll be able to draw like they do in five years!

i see beginning artists on here giving up because they don't think they'll ever be good enough, but i've also seen those who push through start with re-colors and people barely more than stick figures with clothes, and then work their way up, practicing and learning anatomy and using references to find their own style?

i've seen insane amounts of improvement in even a year and heckin heck i'm so proud of everyone who creates.
we are legendary and we are a community. there will always be haters and harassers (which i don't have, thankfully) but we support each other!

((if you ever need to vent, message me, by the way. no promises on conversations but i am good at listening.))

but believe me, look back and cringe. remember that if you keep going, you'll be able to cringe at what you're proud of now because you'll be constantly creating better!

*hugs for everyone*
good talk, amazing maus!