Chapter 3 : An Awkward Conversation

----- Julie's POV -----

I couldn't believe on what I'm seeing right now. Just in front of me, was the intruder, but already in clothes, who came out of nowhere to my house. After what had happened, I can finally look at his face more detail. Boyish look, with dark brown hair and also dark yet warm brown eyes, wearing a simple white shirt and ripped jeans, he actually looks pretty good.

Julie no he could be a pervert or a molester who barged in into your house just like what mom said.

I never thought that brown eyes are pretty.

No no no Julie stop your imagination right there.

I told him to wear his clothes in the guest room, thus leaving his giant wet navy green backpack in there. We decided to sit at the dining room since the living room was a whole mess with all the mud and wet surfaces everywhere.

I was crying inside when I saw the pure white sofa became the abstract canvas of muddy and wet footprints. I ruffled my wavy caramel chin short hair out of frustration, holding my tears, every time I remembered that.

With 2 mugs of hot tea that I made placed between us on the dining table, we sat in silent. Finally I broke the silent by sighing heavily. Who would have know you could be stuck in this kind of situation?

Not me obviously.

The rain was still pouring heavily, resulting wet windows and with the sight of water droplets furiously falling on the backyard that could be seen from a big window near the table. Some thunders could be heard from afar, only putting a heavy feeling on the situation.

It felt so awkward..

"Uhm..", the guy hesistantly spoke, breaking the silent between us. "I was wondering on, err, are you going to call the cops?", he asked pretty embarrassed to himself. As I raised an eyebrow, from how he looked so terrified I guess he was scared of being dragged out by the police.

"Well it depends I guess, but for the moment probably not", with that he sighed and took a sip of the sizzling tea, feeling relieved.

"You know, back then you said that you're the new occupant of this house. How?", I asked now more curious on what's actually happening right now. I also really wanted to ask about him shifting from wolf but I was afraid, what if it was just in my imagination.

"I was kind of kicked out from my house by my pops, then my brother told me that there was a pack house in this town where I can stay until the old man calm down", I raised my eyebrows.

"Pack house?", I asked cautiously, as he realized on what he just said. His lips curved into a straight line, then he decided to take another sip of tea.

"Err.. it's complicated", he said as he glanced on other things that seemed to be more interesting to him than the conversation right now. "Actually there's something that I wanted to ask you since we're on a strange topic I believe", he suddenly said while focusing on me now. I gulped, clenching my hands below the dining table.

"Did you..", he glanced on the windows around cautiously, seeming to be afraid that someone might hear on what he was going to say next. "saw strange thing happened back then?", continuing his words but with in a more hushed voice.

I blinked my eyes for awhile, didn't know what to answer back, obviously because I actually thought what I saw back then was just a wild imagination. "If my eyes didn't trick me then yes I saw it".