"I'm waiting, Magnus!" Mr Davies hastened, drumming his left fingers on a desk at his side.

Oh dear. Max exhaled as sweat trickled down his forehead.

"I'm still waiting, young man!" Mr Davies voice sounded impatient. "Go on, answer it!"

"I... I..." Max stammered. "The answer is..."

There was a sudden uproar of excitement as the school bell went off. The students immediately began packing their books into their bags as they all hurried out of the classroom. It was a Friday, and thanks to the mid term break custom, all schools would be on holidays for two weeks. TWO WHOLE WEEKS! What a wonderful opportunity for Max to finish his newest game collection, and then pre-order for upcoming games online. Far Cry 5 was just few weeks away from release and he wasn't going to miss it.

"Hold your horses!" Mr Davies voice boomed above the noisy classroom as he bolted towards the door, blocking the only way out.

"I already know what most of you are thinking, and what most of you have already planned for the midterm break. But hold that thought! I'm giving you all homework assignments to keep you busy throughout the holiday."

Murmurs, angry whispers, mumbled curses, and complains soon filled the air in the room.

"Quiet! You do whatever I say. Your complains won't change anything. You know why? Cuz I'm the teacher and you're the students. I'm the shepherd, and you are just a flock of dumb sheep. For your assignment this holiday, you're to solve all the exercises on page one hundred and one to page two hundred and two on your textbook."

"WHAT THE HELL?!!" Several souls yelled at the back of the classroom.

"And you're to submit it immediately school reopens. Failure to do that would also result to failure in the subject. Let me also remind you all that I do not give A's. A's belong to my grandmother lying in the grave, B's belong to me, and C's belong to the intelligent ones among you. I'm through with you all for today, and gratefully I won't be seeing any of your ugly faces till after two weeks. Class dismissed!! Now get lost. LITERALLY!!"

At last! Max exhaled with relief, swinging his bag unto his shoulder as he headed out of the classroom.

"GOODBYE, MR DAVE!" Max exclaimed as soon as he stepped out of the class into the hallway, singing his own version of HOME by Chris Daughtry.

"I'm going home,
To the place where I belong,
Where video games have always been enough for me.
Not listening to some creepy V-faced dude..."

"Interesting remix." Someone sounded from behind.

Startled, Max turned around to see Easton walking behind him.

"Dude! You do not sneak up on people like that!"

"Yeah right. Noted." Easton responded, trying to balance the heap of textbooks on his right arm as they walked.

"Wow, what do you need so many books for?" Max asked as he took one of the books and flipped through the pages.

"I borrowed some books from the school library that I can use in solving the homework given to us. Wanna come over to my place tomorrow and answer them together?"

"Humph!" Max scoffed, returning the book to Easton. "This break is a chance for me to rank up my profile on Call of Duty. And I'm certainly not gonna waste it doing some creepy teacher's assignment."