Chapter One

Tick tock... Tick tock... Tick tock
"Oh come on!" Max groaned silently as he glanced at the clock hanging on the wall of the classroom for the thousandth time. Time always seemed to be a lot slower whenever there's a boring lecture going on.
Max drew his attention back to the teacher standing in front of his class. Mr Davies was a tall slender man, with a V-shaped face and a flat nose. The lack of grey hair on his head and his wrinkle-free face made him seem younger than he was. Not only was he strict but he had total disdain for his students. He had sharp eyes that could scan the entire classroom faster than you could imagine. He hated it when students weren't paying attention, and as expected, his class was almost always as calm as a graveyard. You could almost hear the smallest ant hit the floor. He always demanded full attention from his students; one hundred and one percent of it.

Max tried to hide another yawn, still pretending like he was paying attention. His eyes were heavy from gaming all night, and Mr Davies's classes only made it worse. Man, he could really use a good nap right now. But everyone knew that sleeping in Mr Davies's class was against his ninety nine rules that were boldly written on cardboard papers and glued to the walls of the classroom.
Well screw that shit! Max grumbled inwardly as his eyelids couldn't stay open any longer. He slowly lowered his head a little to his desk and waited. As soon as Mr Davies's eyes darted towards the board, Max immediately laid his head on his desk. Now it was time for a good nap. Time to go to lala land and escape this boredom. Time to relax and...

"Maxwell Magnus!!" Mr Davies slammed his huge textbook on Max's desk.

Max immediately shot up, looking dumb as he once again tried to act like he had been paying attention the whole time.

"Seventy Six! The answer is seventy six!"
Max frowned as tiny giggles echoed across the classroom.

"SILENCE!!" Mr Davies voice thundered across the classroom.

Folding up both his sleeves, he slammed both his palms on Max's desk & leaned forward to stare at him straight in the eye.

"I didn't ask you any question, young man." Mr Davies said as he stared unblinkingly at Max, sending creepy shivers down his spine.

"Oh... I thought you did." Max responded with a sheepish expression on his face, feeling embarrassed.

Another wave of tiny giggles echoed across the class.

"SHUT UP!" Mr Davies roar echoed like thunder.
With his eyes still fixed on Max, he leaned even closer so that their noses almost touched, creeping the bloody hells out of Max the more.

"Now young man, I think you owe me an explanation as to why you were sleeping in MY class, and then also stating forty nine reasons why I shouldn't hand you a two months detention slip."

"What in the world?! I wasn't even sleeping... yet." Max muttered the last word under his breath. "I've been paying attention all through."

"Oh really?" Mr Davies frowned as he narrowed his eyes.
Straightening up, he stepped away from Max's desk, allowing him to view the class board.

"Alright then. Since you were paying attention, stand up and tell me the answer to the question of the board."

Uh oh. If there was anything Max feared more than waking up in a world without video games, it was having to stand up in front of the whole class to answer a question. Especially when he was clueless.
Clearing his throat, Max stood up and fixed his eyes on the board, trying to make sense out of the different mathematical symbols and equations that were scrambled on the board. A deep frown quickly spread across his face as he stared at what looked like mission impossible. What the hell is this? Just what kind of sadist actually uses this kind of shit in real life anyway.