We're So Starving

They looked each other in the eye. Ryan gazed into those pools of dark chocolate, sharp, but smooth. Rough but soft. He saw the shine, the beauty, but he saw something else too. A want to belong. Worry. And he saw hope. Hope this would work out. 

When they met, He had dropped some cans onto his head. Ryan would normally be angry, but when he saw him, heard him, he couldn't be. Something about this person...so intriguing, so unseen...

Ryan had known that he had slipped the can into his basket. He wondered why, so he bought it anyway. He took it home and he meant to check it out, but he forgot, until a few days later. He had turned the dented cheese whiz can in his hand, looking for the reason he had slipped it into his basket, and then he saw it. He had written his number on it. 

Ryan wouldn't have done it. But he did. He texted him. Like he had said before, he was a new type of person, never seen before. He had made him do weird things, that Ryan had never done for someone. 

Back at the seven eleven, he was waiting. Ryan stood, looking around for Brendon. Then he saw him. Wearing his hoodie, he took a step into the store. He had worn a pair of black jeans, and a white t-shirt underneath the faded blue sweatshirt. His hair a dark brown, hanging slightly over his right eye, looked soft and shiny.

Ryan ran over to him, grabbed his hand and pulled him into the parking lot, then lead him to his car. He wanted privacy. 

Inside the car, Ryan noticed how smooth his skin was. It was like porcelain.

"You're different," Ryan had said.

"Am I?" 

"Yes. You're...intriguing" 

"You're different too,"

"How so?"

"I don't know...you..."

They locked eyes again. He felt himself lean in. The other boy leaned in too. 

Ryan's lips met his, and they were soft and smooth. They embraced each other, slowly at first, but then more vigorously. Brendon's hands came up to his face. They carresed his neck. They slowly slid down his back, into his shirt. Ryan's arms came up too. They ran though Brendon's hair, then down to his neck. They pulled apart for a second to catch their breath. 

"Please," Brendon begged through gaspes, "don't stop now,"

Their lips met, once again, but then Brendon shifted. He laid Ryan down with his arms, and then kisses him from above. Ryan unzipped his hoodie, and put his hands in his crisp, white shirt. He was warm, and soft, and smooth, and...

They slowly separated, but they prolonged the last kiss. Their breathing started to return to normal, and they sat back on the seat. Hair tousled, shirt askew, Brendon looked at Ryan with a smile. He wiped off the leftover from the kiss with his sleeve. They both had felt like they were floating. 

"Oh, Ryan...that was..."

"Intense?"

"Amazing."

Ryan felt his cheeks flush. That was the longest he's ever kissed someone. It was different. It was amazing. It was aggressive. It was gentle. It was...new.

"I'll see you around..?" Ryan asked hopefully.

"Definitely. Hopefully soon,"

"Good. I want to see you around." All around. 

"Shoot, I gotta be somewhere in a few minutes, I have to leave but I'll see when we can see each other. Soon." Brendon ran his fingers through his hair, straightened up his shirt and hoodie,  and opened the door. 

"Wait." Ryan pulled Brendon's arm down so he could lean up and kiss him, once on the cheek.

"What have you done to me?"  Ryan whispered into his ear, eyes searching for an answer. 

Brendon turned and kissed Ryan on the lips, a small peck, and then whispered in his ear then smiled,

"It's just begun..."

Brendon turned and left, leaving Ryan with his own thoughts. 

No one had ever done this to Ryan. How can a guy he'd just met a few days ago already have him dreaming about their kisses? He didn't want to think right now. He just wanted to go home and sleep. 

Back at home, a few hours later, Ryan texted Brendon,

Goodnight, my cheese whiz writer. I'll see you soon, but until then, don't forget about me.

Ryan put his phone down, pulled up the covers, and turned off the light. He drifted off to dreams filled with beautiful, chocolate eyes, blue hoodies, and black jeans. 

A message appeared. Ryan was asleep already.

Goodnight, ry. I think love you.