When The Day Met The Night

Ryan knew it was love at first sight. Brendon knew he was hungry. Looking for something to eat at this seven eleven, he crashed into someone, knocking whatever was on the shelf onto them. Brendon looked down from the rows and said,

"Oh, sorry! I'm so sorry,"

"It's okay," 

He was picking up all of the cans he dropped when he looked up to see the person with that angelic voice, and looked into their eyes. They were a shimmering hazel, warm and soft. He wanted to fall deeper, but he stopped himself, knowing that if he journeyed any further he would get lost. 

"Ar-are you okay?" He said, snapping out of the mesmerizing warmth of his eyes. 

Holding the last can, He rubbed his head and said, 

"better than this cheese whiz," which was dented badly from the floor. 

They both laughed, and Brendon said,

"I'm Brendon, and sorry again, for ah, crashing into you and making all these things fall on you,"

"Ryan, and  I'm good," 

They smiled at each other, then parted after Brendon had put the dented cheese whiz can in Ryan's basket, with his phone number written on it. 

Days later, Brendon was still thinking of Ryan. He hadn't called once. Did he not get his number? Maybe he threw away the can. But he still had hope. 

"Ding!"

Brendon looked over to his phone, and saw that an unknown number had texted him. He opened messages and looked at the text. It had read:

Dear Cheese Whiz writer, I've been thinking of you. I hope you have too. I want to know you more, if that's okay. If you would like to know me more too, then I am here. If you feel like i'm moving too fast, or you don't care, then don't respond. But if you are curious, like me, please say something. 

Thanks, Ryan (person you made all those cans rain on in the seven eleven).

Brendon right away started a new message, but he didn't know what to say. Finally he typed something up that read:

Hey Ryan, This is brendon. I'm curious, and i have been thinking of you, and yes, i would like to know you better too.

He couldn't send it. But he had to. But he couldn't. 

Then, like it had a mind of itself, His finger pressed send. 

It was sent.

Then, a  "..."  appeared on the screen. 

A message popped up.

Hey, Cheese Whiz Writer, i know that's not your name. I don't like talking through this. I want to talk to you. I want to see you. Wanna meet back at the seven eleven?

Of course Brendon wanted to see him! 

Ok, but when?

"..."

Now

Brendon got in his car and zoomed over to the seven eleven. When he walked in, he saw Ryan standing next to the cheese whiz cans that attacked him just a few days before. 

Brendon took a second to admire him. His eyes focused on his amber hair, slightly wavy, but oh, so soft. They traveled down to his scarf. And his vest. His style was different than most people. It was weird, but Brendon liked it. His eyes traveled further. Ryan was so...

Brendon could only take one more step inside, when Ryan ran over, grabbed Brendon by the hand, and pulled him outside. 

"Ah, hey..." Brendon said, curious.

"Hey," the boy answered back, determined to take him somewhere.

They walked farther into the parking lot, and stopped right infront of a silver car. Ryan opened the door and held it for Brendon. He climbed into the second row, and Ryan closed the door, walked over to the other side and climbed into the second row as well. 

"Why are we in here?"

"I needed some space, and the seven eleven was kinda crowded..."

"Oh ok,"

Brendon took in the smell of Ryan's car; Crisp fall leaves, and a soft rain. A hint of cinnamon. It welcomed him. He looked around and noticed how neat it was. He was glad they didn't climb into his car. It was a lot more messy.

He took another glance at Ryan, and fell under that same spell.