Social Misery

"Annabelle Linkin , must you take forever to comb your hair" My mother screamed out to me from the kitchen . I ignored her as I finished combing a split end . I sighed and set the ruby red comb down on my dresser . Why must I be this unordinary .

I made my way downstairs , a little to fast because I tripped over a poorly tied shoelace . I safely bent down to tie my sneaker once more , this time correctly . I greeted my mother as I snook a piece of bacon off of her plate .

"That is surely rude of you" . I playfully stuck my tongue out at her and she replied with a laugh . My mother complains loads but is one cool lad when she wants to be . If you haven't noticed by our obvious choice of words , I live in England . However , people tell me I look American .

"Annabelle , Eric called . The boy says he has soccer practice and wont be picking you up" . I sighed and nodded my head . That means I have to walk to school . It's not a big problem but if you were in my shoes , walking to school is a tad bit close to being taught gymnastics by Stepen Hawking , it's inevitable .

"Fine mother . I'll be going now . School is miles away" . I picked up my bag and began my treck over to the place I hated most , Yorkshire High . I dreaded my freshman year . It was bloody hell . But life goes on .

Suprisingly , my way to school wasn't all that bad . I mean , I didn't get wet by cars driving recklessly near puddles . I did find about £1.05 . Bloody amazing .

As I walked into Yorkshire , of course no one noticed me . I mean why should they ? I am no Megan Fox , who by the way is beautiful . But out of all the people I had to bump into , it had to be Maria Fitzgerald .

"Ello loser . How's it going" . I sighed as Maria began poking and prodding at me . What was her deal? What did I ever do to her ? Gah , I wish I lived in America . It's probably way better there than here .

"Aye mate , leave her alone . She's done nothing to upset you" . I looked up to see Eric standing behind Maria . I smiled , feeling safe . Eric has been my bodyguard since year 5 .

Maria rolled her eyes at Eric and walked away , leaving me to gratefully thank him . He wrapped his arm around my waist and accompanied me to my locker .

"Mother told me you had soccer practice " I said , opening my locker . I faced him and he was busy staring at himself in the mirror placed on the door of my locker . He carefully combed his award winning hair and answered my question .

"I did but Michael kicked the soccer ball at the coach's nose" . We both shivered and then laughed . Michael does that every practice at the start of the season . Ridiculous I tell you .

Eric began combing my hair , failing to make it completely straight . I set out to do that this morning but it didn't happen .

"Why are you so perfectly imperfect" Eric said , placing his hands on both sides of my face .

I'd hope he could answer that question for me .