Dancing

Juliet's POV

            After a few minutes Harry, Omar and Aliza turned up with a saucer of some mixture and handed it over to Fred.

"It's very little and you have to finish it fast"

"Oh God, this looks gross" Fred said disgusted.

"Ok. Start without wasting time"

"By the way, what does this mixture contain? It's a weird colour and I can't guess it" Fred complained.

"We're not telling it to you until you finish it"

                Fred started. As he tasted a bit of it, he put his tongue out and his expressions changed.

"C'mon man! You can do it!"

              He continued and dumped half of it in his mouth at once closing his eyes. Then he gulped down the other half and ran to the washbasin to gargle his mouth.

"Wow Fred!"

"Great"

             He sat back after gobbling some water down his throat which Aliza had brought along with the dish of spices or whatever.

"Now tell us what the mixture contained" Kaym asked curiously.

"No, I don't want to know... Let me just forget about it. I'm sure I would puke if I get to know what I ate" Fred denied.

"Nope buddy. We'll definitely tell it. You should know it" Omar responded.

"Yeah, it was actually a mixture of every possible thing we could find in the kitchen... thing as in things like spices..." Harry said.

"Sugar, salt, pepper, chillie, turmeric and many more" replied Aliza.

"Was it spicy then?" asked Edgar looking at Fred.

"No, not much. I couldn't recognize what exactly the taste was. It was a typical mixture" Fred replied.

"We put a lot of sugar than the other ingredients, maybe that's why he didn't feel the spice in it" Harry told.

"We didn't want to make it hard on Fred" Aliza winked. 

"Alright. Now it's Kaym's turn for the dare" reminded Omar.

After we discussed on the dare Omar said, "Allie, read out the dare for Kaym"

"I... can't..." she replied smiling coz she knows what the dare is, while Kaym was longing to hear it.

"Fine, I'll tell it" Said Edgar laughing.

"I imagine Kaym doing it" Edgar added making Kaym more inquisitive.

"I hope for a good one" Kaym replied.

"Choose a girl and dance couple dance with her"

"What the hell... I can't" Kaym laughed.

"Haha somebody's blushing"

"C'mon, you know the difference between laughing and blushing?"

"LOL, but we can see that you crave for the dance"

"No way! You guys are crazy"

           I could say that he didn't, but we just bugged him. He is not that type of a person. He has a very friendly character and I'm sure he would have no crush or desire for any of us. Even if he had to be in a relationship with someone, it would never be with one of us. He values our friendship, cares for us and loves us as a friend and an older brother.

"No wasting time. Hurry up Kaym"

"Ok. But I can't choose one. One of you girls who is willing to dance with me can come forward"

"No one likes to dance with you" Fred joked breaking the silence.

"Nooo Kaym! Not that I hate you, but you know... dancing couple dance with someone other than my not existing boyfriend is... kinda unusual according to me" Aliza soothed Kaym and the rest laughed at the last part of Aliza's statement.

"I know... I understand" Kaym smiled.

"Same here" agreed Anna, Olivia and I.

"Kaym, proceed!"

"Wuff..." He started counting, "Inky pinky ponky, father had a dolly, dolly died, father cried, inky pinky ponky" and eventually it stopped in me, which means I had to dance with Kaym.

"Oh God! Me?" I said unwilling to accept it.

"Kaym, can't you count for the second time and choose someone else please" I added.

"No no, there's no time to waste" Omar reminded.

"Good Luck dude" Aliza whispered winking to which I gave a punch on her thigh in return.

              I stood and went up to Kaym but I lost courage, "I really can't do it.. Please" I begged looking back at the others. Its awkward because Kaym and I are the only ones standing and we are the center of attention. All eyes are on us.

              I had to dance with him and had no other option. Kaym stood still with no movements quite away from me and I did the same standing right in front of him staring at the ground. 

"Start people! We are waiting for you" a few voices said.

"He is supposed to start" I complained.

"No Juliet, You start" Kaym replied.

"Haha Kaym, you are the guy here and you have to start it." Edgar teased.

"Moreover it's your dare and not her's" said another.

             We were facing our left side towards the ones who were sitting. I noticed smiles on everyone's faces except for Salman. He wasn't smiling nor was he frowning. I can't read his expression. He gave a wired look which kind of looked like he has travelled to his dream world where he always goes. Maybe he's thinking about his girlfriend, obviously Olivia.

            Kaym took a step forward towards me and I accidently took a step backwards.

"Where are you going child?" Kaym asked me laughing.

"Oh, I'm sorry, wasn't in this world though"

           He then took another step forward which was just inches away from me. I feel my body tingle at his sudden movement. I have no feelings for him. I have never thought about being with him or being his girlfriend. He's a very good friend of mine and a brother to me.

            But of course its awkward to dance with him wherein he would touch certain places in my body which isn't supposed to be felt or touched by anyone except that special person, if you know what I mean.

            I wish Salman stands here to dance with me instead of Kaym. I wish this dare was Salman's and he chooses me to dance with. But then I suddenly remembered that Salman would never choose me. He will definitely choose his beloved Olivia. My imagination faded away when I remembered Olivia.

"Hey, you okay?" Kaym asked waving his hands in front of my face.

"Uh.. yeah, I'm okay" I smiled and gazed down at his feet.

"Take it easy Juliet. It's just a dare. Just because I dance with you doesn't mean I will fall in love with you or anything. We are best friends and you are my younger sister. You don't have to feel awkward now or afterwards"

              He said lifting up my chin so that I can directly look at him. Then he patted on my shoulder. That was sweet of him. He really made me feel like I'm his little sister and he cares for me which calmed me down.

"Awwwww" said the rest hearing Kaym's words which made both of us turn towards them at the same time. 

XOXO,

Emraiys.